Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks for the picture! Any tricks to know when pulling out the whole insert? Just normal trim removal tools and pull?

There’s one screw in the middle. If I remember correctly the Lexus link portion of the console flips out/down and allows you to access the screw.

Here's a link Amazon product ASIN B07SC766HW
Their just the standard, basic SPST switches with a rubber boot that come with most wiring harnesses. 3/4in hole. I think we can get 3 in that space..
Like this?

1596762216321.png

Maybe getting ahead of myself here, bu, for the cup holder, I assume I'll need the butterfly. Does anyone have the part number?

Man that looks awesome! If only I didn't actually use that pocket...So far I've put those types of switches about an inch to the left along that very thin strip of console, but there really isn't much room to work with there.

Last edited:
I started working on the Scangauge with 2 OTRATTW switches in overhead mount. The switches have lights and my plan was to tap into the map lights in the overhead to power them. But unless I didn't get the probe to make contact (it was 500 degrees in car) I didn't find power there. Which I don't understand, but I have a hard time processing all the negative triggers found on these things. And may have some type of rheostat working here that is causing me to not get it. Anyway, shorter question is, has anyone found a wire in the overhead console that can be tapped for dash light power? If not, any advice on where to connect it under the dash? I may just skip the lights on the switches..

I started working on the Scangauge with 2 OTRATTW switches in overhead mount. The switches have lights and my plan was to tap into the map lights in the overhead to power them. But unless I didn't get the probe to make contact (it was 500 degrees in car) I didn't find power there. Which I don't understand, but I have a hard time processing all the negative triggers found on these things. And may have some type of rheostat working here that is causing me to not get it. Anyway, shorter question is, has anyone found a wire in the overhead console that can be tapped for dash light power? If not, any advice on where to connect it under the dash? I may just skip the lights on the switches..
If I remember correctly, the solid green wires are +12V to the map lights.

The red prototype was printed with PLA, which is a good material only for fast prototyping. It had good fit with the factory part. But after several hot days staying in the truck, it shrunk. But you see the upgrades from the photo:

1. Phone slot is removed. I personally don't want to put my phone so close to drinks even though most of our phones are water proof.
2. Better fixture to the truck. I want a secure and rigid fixture.

I am working on a updated version. The main change is on the way it mounts on the truck.

The current design is kind of floating. The cupholder is only fixed to the shifter panel and sits on two plastic lips. You know what I am talking about since you have installed it on your truck.

I am making two brackets that fixes the cupholder to some rigid mounting point of the truck.

View attachment 2389545

View attachment 2389556

Is this cupholder deeper than stock?

Can I bea tester?

Is this cupholder deeper than stock?

Can I bea tester?
yes it is much deeper.
I had one tester. Thanks for your offer.
Have been busy on work. Needed to prepare for teaching course in this new situation.
Once I have update on the cupholder, I will post it here.

Last edited:
yes it is much deeper.
I had one tester. Thanks for your offer.
Have been busy on work. Needed to prepare for teaching course in this new situation.
Once I have update on the cupholder, I will post it here.

You mean "REAL WORK????" No way!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for all that you do for the community. I know you put a LOT of time in to this on the side. It is appreciated!

Make 25 Door Step

Requirement from @jlm43

"Maybe 6 inches long. It would act as a step to get onto the roof rack. The bottom should be some what soft and not slippery. The top can be hard but also no slippery. It’s something to protect the door trim and window seals when I don’t want to set up a ladder. And it would be a lot smaller and easy to store in the truck."

1. Overview

View attachment 2330927

View attachment 2346075
Photo credit @jlm43

View attachment 2330925

1590976413920.png

View attachment 2330930

2. Material and fabrication

The liner(yellow) is printed with the same material used to make the facemask tensioners. The soft material is used to protect the door trim and paint. But it is not too soft so the white hard plastic part will not be in contact with door panel under load. The maninbody is printed with PETG.

The mainbody is glued from three parts. This makes the assembly much tougher than a single print. The liner is also glued to the inside of the mainbody.

3. CAUTION

Set the step properly on the door trim with the triangle pointing to the inside of vehicle.
View attachment 2330940
Always face the vehicle when climbing or descending.
Always hold the roof rack with at least one hand.
Step at the center of the step.
Do not carry loads that might make you lose balance.

4. Purchase
$90 plus shipping

Want one of these, where to order?

Want one of these, where to order?
I replied to your PM.
Only Sold one of this product haha.

I guess I'm the one buyer. I would have thought that more would use something like this. Maybe that's why I'm not in sales...

It's been working great with zero complaints. I have a buddy that would like one for his 4Runner after seeing mine in use. I've been meaning to get some more "in use" pictures but I'm obviously lacking. I'll see what I can get over the weekend.

I guess I'm the one buyer. I would have thought that more would use something like this. Maybe that's why I'm not in sales...

It's been working great with zero complaints. I have a buddy that would like one for his 4Runner after seeing mine in use. I've been meaning to get some more "in use" pictures but I'm obviously lacking. I'll see what I can get over the weekend.
No worries. I am already very happy that it solved you problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

• cbbr
Back
Top Bottom