Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes please. Thanks.

Here's some right now (it's dark out here). I'll take a few tomorrow during the day as well.

IMG_7156.jpg
IMG_7160.jpg

Make 17: Sub-woofer Cover

1 Overview of the Final Product

1593399887248.png

1593400347918.png

2 Description

@Sargy requested this sub-woofer cover for his aftermarket upgrade. Thanks to Sargy for being easy to work with.
20191103_130312.jpg

The factory cover was mailed to me with the outline cutout.
1593400773253.png

After seeing the photo of his third row, I added the honey-cone structure to match the floor mat.
1593401567923.png

A couple of problems were identified when Sargy got the cover. And I made corresponding revisions. In second iteration, I designed the cover in 3 pieces. The joint line is hidden behind the round piece.

1593401598240.png

Note: Sargy's setup is here.

3. Purchase

$100 + Shipping with all fasteners.
Please PM for paypal payment.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I'm not even thinking that complicated. As many of us has experienced or soon will need to replace the factory woofer speaker, after the woofer is removed it leaves a deep cutout as pictured above which is very hard to mount aftermarket woofer without an exact size and shape. I'm thinking an overlay of the factory woofer shape with say 1/2" to 1" thickness will allow us to mount new woofer in that location.

This may not be feasible at all because it is solvable with buying a HDPE sheet and cutting qith a jig saw.

But yes, let's revisit again later. Thanks!

Make 29 V1: Second-row Cupholders Replacement

1593405655489.png

1593404147026.png

1593404386010.png

2 Description

M29 is to delete the second-row drawer/cupholders and set up a power distribution hub.

The bracket connects the factory panel to the rigid factory mounting points, providing a solid base for the faceplate.
1593404525076.png

The faceplate is customizable on CAD level to fit various devices.
1591904991700.png

1593404967354.png

V1-V5:

1613180574998.png

A potential use of RAM ball mount:

RAM Diamond Ball Base:
120V Outlet
12V Socket

3. Purchase
$100
PM for paypal info.

What you get:
  • Bracket
  • Faceplate
  • Fasteners
  • 12V socket installation tool (Need this tool to install the threaded ring)

Last edited:
Harness arrived. It connects to the 120V Outlet (85530-35050-C0) which Make 7 V2 holds.

View attachment 2146378
Excuse my ignorant, so where does the harness connect to? Is that for a specific Toy/Lex inverter appliance? How about aftermarket inverter, how do you connect that to the outlet?

Excuse my ignorant, so where does the harness connect to? Is that for a specific Toy/Lex inverter appliance? How about aftermarket inverter, how do you connect that to the outlet?
Good question.

The harness connects the 120V plug and gives you three terminals: load, ground, and neutral. You can either hardwire them to an inverter or wire them to a plug as shown in the image below. We don't have a factory power inverter on 100/LX470. I was planning to retrofit a inverter used on Tacoma. But it is too big to fit in the center storage compartment. I am now going to have a smaller 150W inverter. Does this answer your question?

1593443244595.png

Last edited:
Good question.

The harness connects the 120V plug and gives you three terminals: load, ground, and neutral. You can either hardwire them to a inverter or wire them to a plug as shown in the image below. We don't have a factory power inverter on 100/LX470. I was planning to retrofit a inverter used on Tacoma. But it is too big to fit in the center storage compartment. I am now going to have a smaller 150W inverter. Does this answer your question?

View attachment 2355868

If I mount an inverter in the rear cabin, how long of a line can I safely run to the outlet? I typically run larger AWG wire based on length of run and amount of "juice" that will be flowing thru it.

If I mount an inverter in the rear cabin, how long of a line can I safely run to the outlet? I typically run larger AWG wire based on length of run and amount of "juice" that will be flowing thru it.
I would not do that. Running 12V anywhere is safe. But running 120V AC from rear to the center storage box is a total different story.
For now I just put a small 150W inverter there. I still have the Tacoma inverter and planning to mount it in the tool storage place in the rear.

Make 29: Second-row Cupholders Replacement

View attachment 2355623
View attachment 2355601
View attachment 2355605

2 Description

M29 is to delete the second-row drawer/cupholders and set up a power distribution hub.

The bracket connects the factory panel to the rigid factory mounting points, providing a solid base for the faceplate.
View attachment 2355612

The faceplate is customizable on CAD level to fit various devices.
1591904991700.png

View attachment 2355616

A potential use of RAM ball mount:

RAM Diamond Ball Base:
120V Outlet
12V Socket

3. Purchase (Not for sale for now)

What you get:
  • Bracket
  • Faceplate
  • Fasteners
  • 12V socket installation tool (Need this tool to install the threaded ring)
Brilliant work! I am especially impressed with the brass inserts in your mounting plate. Very impressive work. I'll be in for one of these.

I would not do that. Running 12V anywhere is safe. But running 120V AC from rear to the center storage box is a total different story.
For now I just put a small 150W inverter there. I still have the Tacoma inverter and planning to mount it in the tool storage place in the rear.

Got it. Kinda what I was figuring. 120 is a different beast :) Pretty sure I can fit a 150W inverter in my center console. I recently installed a 6 fuse Blue Sea panel on the front wall and mounted my MXT275 GMRS base unit in there too. Pretty sure I could make the 150W fit in there.

Got it. Kinda what I was figuring. 120 is a different beast :) Pretty sure I can fit a 150W inverter in my center console. I recently installed a 6 fuse Blue Sea panel on the front wall and mounted my MXT275 GMRS base unit in there too. Pretty sure I could make the 150W fit in there.
Did you remove the CD changer from the center console?

Did you remove the CD changer from the center console?

My 98 didn't have that as an option nor the cupholders in the upper tray. Just an empty bin with one solitary 12v socket is all my LX came with.

So, is it safe to run a wire all the way up front to a Blue Sea fuse box from a to connect a power inverter mounted in the rear?

Another thing I am making. It is an insert in the center storage box.

View attachment 2354040
I
I am having trouble setting up the first thread. I set it up as a table of content. The problem is that the number of images reaches the limit (20 images per post).

I talked to the forum staff member. The limit cannot be lifted. Is there a way I can post more than 20 images, such as linking to external images?

You can probably just overflow it to the next post.

This M29 design is #GENIUS, I'm definitely planning on getting one of those for my 100, it will be perfect for long trips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom