Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question for anyone who's removed the overhead console for the M1, was your screw tightened by Robocop? It's not moving and i'm scared if I try harder, i'll strip the screw.

Did you try with a JIS driver?

Edit: like these. Amazon.com : Vessel JIS Screwdriver
Or this is another option...
Absolute Wits' End 5-Piece JIS bit set
Yup, I have the 3 pack of Vessel JIS screwdrivers and the Vessel insert bit set from @NLXTACY. I think Robocop tightened it. I rounded it, wouldn't loosen by hand, wouldn't loosen with my brushless 12V screwdriver at max torque, wouldn't loosen with my brushless 18V impact driver. Tried my 3/8" manual impact driver and rounded it. This quick swap mod to install a newer LC overhead console with HomeLink with a sunglasses holder to move my SGII from the shifter area up to the LC overhead console is now on the back burner. :mad::bang:

Yup, I have the 3 pack of Vessel JIS screwdrivers and the Vessel insert bit set from @NLXTACY. I think Robocop tightened it. I rounded it, wouldn't loosen by hand, wouldn't loosen with my brushless 12V screwdriver at max torque, wouldn't loosen with my brushless 18V impact driver. Tried my 3/8" manual impact driver and rounded it. This quick swap mod to install a newer LC overhead console with HomeLink with a sunglasses holder to move my SGII from the shifter area up to the LC overhead console is now on the back burner. :mad::bang:
I know how you feel... That is how one of the bolts that holds the corner grab handle behind the drivers headrest is. Ended up stripping it out when I was attempting to run the cable for the aftermarket backup camera. Luckily I had enough room to push it down behind the trim. But still need to go back and replace that one bolt.

The worst. Good luck. I've got one going in tomorrow. Assuming Robocop didn't work at the plant for 2 more years anyway. Fingers crossed.

Can you get a dremel on it to cut a slot for a flathead? For those stuck ones, sometimes the impact screwdrivers that you whack with a hammer will break them loose, since it's pushing the bit into the screw at the same moment that it's applying the torque.

Can you get a dremel on it to cut a slot for a flathead? For those stuck ones, sometimes the impact screwdrivers that you whack with a hammer will break them loose, since it's pushing the bit into the screw at the same moment that it's applying the torque.
I gave up for now. I'll see if my Dremel will fit in the space in the when I get to it in the future. Yeah, the 3/8 manual impact driver I used is what rounded the screw was the kind you hit with a hammer.

I have a set of extractor bits so I will do that first. Gotta get on Partsouq to see what bolt that is so I can get some replacements (god knows how many else are there to do the same thing).

Check o
I have a set of extractor bits so I will do that first. Gotta get on Partsouq to see what bolt that is so I can get some replacements (god knows how many else are there to do the same thing).
Check out Vamplier tools (made in Japan). They have a set of pliers that is amazing for removing stripped out screws. You can buy them on Amazon. I had a stripped out screw on my shifter and it worked amazing to remove.

@BenCC Great work here. Have you given any thought to making a panel to accommodate a Switch Pro's SP9100?

Have been making these facemask straps. This is a donation of 500 pieces. It took four printers 3 days.
68854701-08E5-43BA-89AA-1AC55146A30C.jpeg

It is for people who need to wear facemask for extended time during the work. I am thinking to throw in a couple of pieces in each future orders.

Thats awesome Ben and thanks for making these during these trying times. I am sure that people that receive them with their orders would more than appreciate them and use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JMK4
Back
Top Bottom