Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

+1

I couldn't be happier with my Kenwood faceplate mount and the extra outlets in the console. Some guys were admiring the faceplate outlet last weekend while on a run.

Thanks @BenCC

Yup... later this year I plan on picking up a Scangauge II which will be installed in one of Ben's overhead adapters with the two button openings.

I've posted a couple earlier in the thread. Still happy with them.

Found them.

IMG_20200216_174035.jpg

IMG_20200410_165044.jpg

Just a bump for this thread cause @BenCC is making some really cool stuff!

Has anybody else removed the overhead DVD player and been thinking something has to go there....BenCC has to be the smart one to figure out what could and should go there!

Maybe a disco ball or chandelier? I mean, that would be totally baller. Or maybe a Twizzler dispenser ala Wayne's World.

Maybe a disco ball or chandelier? I mean, that would be totally baller. Or maybe a Twizzler dispenser ala Wayne's World.

Oh man...I was trying to be practical, but a Twizzler dispenser would be so friggin awesome!!!

Ok... I will try to knock that out tomorrow morning.

Any luck? As you said, this is the real issue. The stock method caps are fine for the rears.

I think I've seen someone on here with Method 315s with the standard method cap on the front. I see some without also. The standard cap is very thin metal.
Anything is possible, but I doubt it. They dont fit on my truck, and I've never seen them fit anyone else's that didnt drill them.

Mine are plastic inserted into an aluminum shroud.

Any luck? As you said, this is the real issue. The stock method caps are fine for the rears.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it. They dont fit on my truck, and I've never seen them fit anyone else's that didnt drill them.

Mine are plastic inserted into an aluminum shroud.

Member @re_guderian is running Method Race Wheels with caps front and rear. These look like regular 305 NV. I see some members running caps on the front and some who don't

1590885059401.png

This is the metal center cap part from a 305 NV.

1590884648548.png

This is the center cap I am using for the front 305NV Method wheels. Covers the hub without issue
Yes it is a 306 center cap. Taller than the standard cap.

SmartSelect_20200530-224641_Chrome.jpg

Or you can send me the whole overhead console. I will try to integrate the homelink in the Scangauge mount.
I'll see if I can find/fit a LC console, if I can't find one or it doesn't fit, I might take you up on your offer, thanks!

This is the center cap I am using for the front 305NV Method wheels. Covers the hub without issue
Yes it is a 306 center cap. Taller than the standard cap.

View attachment 2324834

Thanks for the info. The 306 looks to use a cap that is different from the 302, 304, 305, 307, and 309. Here's the long version below.

1590916298470.png

The flush version below. I don't see how these would work on a 100 series front.

1590916405756.png

They ( lower profile version) only work when you use a hole saw to mod the cap and let the grease cap poke through. FYI the push through cap also doubles as a centering ring (of sorts) on the hub- not totally necessary but it does help to use it.

Hey,

I found a trailer brake ashtray mode for a LX on another site but I had to break out my dremel to make it work for a 100. Any chance on making an ashtray trailer brake holder for a 100? I got this one to work but would rather have one that is more stable.

IMG_2934.jpg

Hey,

I found a trailer brake ashtray mode for a LX on another site but I had to break out my dremel to make it work for a 100. Any chance on making an ashtray trailer brake holder for a 100? I got this one to work but would rather have one that is more stable.

View attachment 2325250
I know this product. It is a fine design. But not my style. I want to keep all my designs have somewhat factory feeling. Something similar but larger than that is coming.

Make 25 Door Step (Developing)

Requirement from @jlm43

"Maybe 6 inches long. It would act as a step to get onto the roof rack. The bottom should be some what soft and not slippery. The top can be hard but also no slippery. It’s something to protect the door trim and window seals when I don’t want to set up a ladder. And it would be a lot smaller and easy to store in the truck."

522A9A10-4A7C-4EDA-8593-A23B3CBC4D4D.jpeg

Tested the prototype. The liner(yellow) is printed with the same material used to make the facemask tensioners. The soft material is used to protect the door trim and paint. But it is not too soft so the white hard plastic part will not be in contact with door panel under load. The mainbody(white) of the prototype is printed with PLA. On the final product, the material would be ABS (stiffer, tougher but hard to print) or PETG (stiffer, tougher, and better impact resistant).

1590977271624.png

I am planning to print the final product in the TRD three-color scheme.

1590976413920.png

The mainbody is glued from three parts. This makes the assembly much tougher than a single print. The liner is also glued to the inside of the mainbody.

1590976370859.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom