Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep. I checked the specs in the book and it was out slightly. No axial play though.

My big push came to a screeching halt. Looks like the bolts off the R151/split case are too short. I need the longer H55 to split case bolts! This sucks!
20180519_135356.jpg

Also looks like the transfer case was rebuilt. Here's a pic of the Terrain Tamer idler .
20180519_113228.jpg

Last edited:
Good eye. I think someone put in a long bolt and broke through. Should be ok with some thread sealant on the bolts.

IMG_7711.JPG
IMG_7712.JPG
IMG_7713.JPG
Great stuff - keep it coming. My 1HZ is still on the pallet in the garage (I need to work less and wrench more), but 2 kids, 4 dogs and a job kinda cut into the rig time. At least I got the :princess: to support the 1HZ purchase last year :D Now I just have to go thru it and get it installed. Scariest part for me is that I need to swap the input shaft on my H55 thats currently bolted to the 2F in my truck. :confused:
EDIT: no longer on the pallet. Got it on a stand this afternoon. Had my teenage son help - feels like progress. Will spin up a separate thread about the swap shortly. Thanks for letting me hijack yours for a few minutes. :)

Awesome. Any progress is good.

Highly recommend using your engine hoist to rotate the engine.

DSC01778.jpg

Yes, it's really unsafe to do it without the hoist.

I flipped my Galaxie 390 motor over while rolling around on a similar engine stand. Wheel got caught in a crack in the cement. Tried to catch it with my thigh and almost landed on my foot! Luckily I came away with only a few scratches and bruising on my leg. The engine sustained a dent in the new oil pan. Luckily it did not break a head. I highly recommend two people for rolling the engine around.

Well, I couldn't find the shorter of the long bolts needed for the H55/Split case combo, so I ordered nothing but long ones thinking I could cut them down. Well, they really don't have enough thread for that. Luckily, @bottombracket let me steal some from his H55 combo.

20180526_124728.jpg

The h55 combo has now come full circle from your garage to mine and back.

Let’s get that thing together this weekend.

Got some work done today before the heat got bad. I seem to be missing some alignment pins on the bell housing and on the crank shaft. Need to order some.

20180527_130930.jpg
20180527_130944.jpg
20180527_130951.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom