April 2012 monthly trail run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
At the March monthly trail run I was “voted” to be host of Aprils monthly run. Gladly! Each run gets better and better with more new faces, rigs, and good times each and every outing. 15 rigs on a stormy Sunday tells to me that a lot of people are itching to get out and enjoy their Cruisers, the outdoors, and fellow cruiser folks. Mark your calendars for the next run on Sunday April 29th.

After some consideration, I chose the Martinez Cabin run starting out from Florence. A very scenic trail run in some of the prettiest parts our state has to offer. Then stopping for lunch and “hanging out” under the big shade tree at the cabin prior to hiking down to the big mill to take pictures and check out some AZ history. (past the BLM cabins the land is private property)

**Lunch will be provided! The CSC grill will come out of hiding to make an appearance and grill up some fresh (not frozen) thick burgers and dogs.
* Everyone please bring a single side dish (beans, slaw, pot/mac salad, bag of chips, etc) pot-luck style. Everyone will be responsible for their own drinks/sodas. Some folding tables are encouraged.

+ North meets South + To our fellow Cruiserheads in the southern part of the state: (call out to: Splitshot, Amused, MadBaggins, Yogi Bear, Jim and Lorna, etc, etc,) We would all like to see and wheel with you and will “meet you halfway” by having this run in Florence. We hope to see you on the run~

Highlights about this trail run:
1) John (Inkpot) and friends has so generously cleaned up the area so we should go check out his handiwork! In his recent post he states that this area will soon close down in some capacity so we should make an effort to go now. > https://forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/574512-martinez-cabin-mine-canyon.html
2) According to the on-line calendar, this trip is scheduled around the existing TRAL meetings (thanks for bringing this up previously AZTony)
3) This trail run will end at the cabin and will be easy and mostly stocker friendly. Mild upgrades like larger tires, etc would benefit. The nice thing about this area is there are side challenges available for those who want to try.

When: 9:00 am Sunday April 29th
Where: At the Chevron Minit market on the main drag into Florence, north end of town. 520 N Pinal Parkway, Florence, AZ 85132 (see post #11 for Yahoo link to gas station.

Last edited:
From what I hear, Jim and Lorna, and possibly a few others, will be in Utah on that day, on the way to Cruise Moab... which starts May 2...

The way I understand it: Jim and Lorna will be heading back from the Maze, some of us will be leaving here on that day to meet them in SE Utah.

Based on the past couple trips I have been on in the area, using the gas station/McDonalds a mile down the road as a meeting spot will save most from driving back to the Jack in the box/ Bashas.

Depending on how many rigs, that gas station gets filled up. Is a popular meet spot, often has several groups there, so totally jammed up. The gas there is $$$, I buy before leaving town.

The way I understand it: Jim and Lorna will be heading back from the Maze, some of us will be leaving here on that day to meet them in SE Utah.

:doh: Forgot of the Moab trip. ILl be unavailable the prior two weekends (out of the country) so Ill have to stick with the date. Wish I could join you guys - hoping for some great pictures from Moab when you all return.

Kevin has a point, alot more room at the Bashas. If we have as many trucks as March, we will need some elbow room.

Working on getting the Grill with the kind help from Rudster :clap:. I talked to BMAN for a while on the phone today and he will coordinate with him to get the grill for sure to us.

Marked it on my calendar, but can't guarantee yet. Where's the trail entrance? Basha's seems a little out of the way coming from this direction.

it's not

and yeah, I will be going further up north myself, too

Marked it on my calendar, but can't guarantee yet. Where's the trail entrance? Basha's seems a little out of the way coming from this direction.
Maybe you could meet at the gas station on the north side of Florence. It is only about 1/2 mile from the Price Rd turn off which leads to Box Canyon. John

I am headed the Moab way that weekend myself.

Maybe you could meet at the gas station on the north side of Florence. It is only about 1/2 mile from the Price Rd turn off which leads to Box Canyon. John

Youre right that would be doubling back for the people from the south....change of meeting place to the Minit Market Chevron, 520 N Pinal Parkway, Florence, AZ 85132. It is right near the entrance like John stated. Meeting time will be 9:00am. Please allow enough time to get there.

Minit Market in Florence | Minit Market (520) 868-9500 & 520 N Pinal Pky, Florence, AZ 85132 | <Automotive/Gas Stations> - Yahoo! US Local

Might set up a 7:30 caravan for folks in the N. Phx/Scottsdale area.

Thanks Murf, I am 90% in.
The Florence meeting place sounds great ( coming from SO Chandler, I like to take the senic Sacaton route.
Scott

I'm out for moab this year, so maybe if it were Saturday the 28th...

Count me in.

I'm all for the usual caravan to the meeting spot.

Murf, please edit your first post for the meeting place/time to ease the viewing for everyone looking for the details. ;)

Sounds good I'm tentatively in.

Thanks Murf. We would love to join you guys. However we will be in Utah. Hopefully another time. Thanks again, Jim

I'm in.

Sounds like a great destination, and hiking should be fun, too. Trying to get the wife-unit to come along, and you guys had a chance to meet her at the last meeting. Looking forward to more wheeling,

Rudster: "grill obtained!"

Update: Big thanks to our Csc'r Rudster, he hooked up with BMan and obtained the slightly used and seldom seen CSC grill. :clap::cheers::beer::bounce2:

So....like mentioned in the original post, we will be firing up the grill with CSC club providing Burgers and dogs for the afternoon feasting at the cabin area.

Talked to Inkpot the other day who has travels every inch of the area and got some suggestions on an alternate exit that is not only scenic but an easily traveled road.

Looking forward to the run...

murf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom