Anyone own a Harbor Freight Welder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a harbor freight welder about ten years ago or so. I can't recall the name, but it was made in Italy. It worked fine for a few years. The problem is when they stop working your in trouble. I tried to get it fixed, but the repair shops were having a hard time with parts etc. I finally ended up junking it and bought a lincoln

Bump.
Looks like things have improved in the last 10 years. The online reviews are fairly good but I am wondering about longevity.
Anybody have a newer model Vulcan? I have been considering a Vulcan OmniPro 220 for a while.

MIG or TIG?

Have you looked at AHP. Its definitely a jump in price compared to harbor freight but way better product.

MIG or TIG?

Have you looked at AHP. Its definitely a jump in price compared to harbor freight but way better product.

Interesting, thank you for the link. I love the analog switches and dials on this unit, which follows the KISS rule in my book. Wonder if anyone used this machine for some practical feedback.

Reviews

No HF welder experience but the vulcan line does seem appealing.
Igot an eastwood 135 for a little more, consumables kit, flux wire, and an auto-dimming hood shipped for $300 (4-5 years ago on a group buy)...

Bump.
Looks like things have improved in the last 10 years. The online reviews are fairly good but I am wondering about longevity.
Anybody have a newer model Vulcan? I have been considering a Vulcan OmniPro 220 for a while.
Lincon is currently running a 210 dollar end user rebate on thier 110v only 140c mig machine that gets the pricing down to about 650 depending on what your local welding supply knocks off the MSRP so it could end up a bit less than that even..... plus a bottle of gas if you dont have one already

Hazard Frought has stepped it up a ton in recent years I will give them that. I still tend to think most stuff I get from them is for 1 or 2 use items and then go in the Sh!t can anything past that is gravy...... If your looking to not spend the cash on a legacy brand (red or Blue) I would look into an everlast in yoru chosen flavor

can't quite tell what model you are looking at from your link but from the price I assume it is their old Chicago Electric (?) line, not the more recent and better Titanium and Vulcan etc. I would not buy one of the former. Even to use only a few times a year. They are apparently just not very good from everything I've seen and heard. I'd much rather buy a used better machine at only a bit more. Or treat a friend with a welder to a few beers a couple of times a year...

(Disclaimer: don't have one of those HF welders myself - for obvious reasons...)

MIG or TIG?

Mig OR Tig

check this artical. https://plasmacuttershub.com

2 out of 2 spammers recommend AHP.... I'm sold!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom