Anyone know what goes here? 1975 dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had this cruiser for over 20 years. Had the opening when I purchased the cruiser and now I am hoping to see what can fill it.
If you look closely it is round with a flat bottom portion. So guessing factory vs a drilled hole.

Look just to the right of the speedo and down.

Thank you for feedback.

E7775809-3F44-4EF2-9657-AE136D09B9E5.jpeg

461195F5-6210-430C-9CD1-3ED5E3F5240C.jpeg

No clue... I have my vacuum shift indicator close to there, but it is well left of the hole you show...

Here's mine, greenish indication lens... pay no attention to the SBC looking cluster, it has since been replaced...

dash (Medium) cropped..jpg

My cruiser is a 75. Essentially stock besides suspension and taller tires.

Maybe a hole that had a purpose for the prior year and plugged in 75. Ant clue where you cab find a factory looking plug?

Hand throttle goes below the dash.
My ‘74 had an empty hole as did others. I can’t remember if it had a plastic plug in it when I put an indicator light in there 23 years ago :D

Thank you guys! Thinking I am going to source the OEM dash plug and see if I like that look. Sure don’t like the hole now that I removed a stereo control for hidden stereo.

My 74’ manual lists it’s the spot for the 4wd control switch (optional everywhere else but USA) magnet type transfer case

I have to agree. Does it show a spot for the 4WD light?

Would be a good location for the OEM fog light switch. Was wondering if the Middle East had the same dash. Both LHD. There the fog lights seem almost to be standard.

@Living in the Past

I see that the 4wd control switch has a bulb..., I use the spot for rear heater switch

Interestingly the upper plug next to the cigarette lighter is not labeled on the manual

I never understood Toyota's reasoning for doing away with a separate rear heater switch in the 74 on. Shows they brought it back in the 81 model for the first few months then went back to high speed on the front blower would turn on the rear heater blower. Just like 74-80. :meh:

Measured hole ay 13.9 mm
Sound about right?

49AC99B9-5A1B-4440-A1E3-464350E65289.jpeg

I think your finger goes in there, could be wrong though.

I’ve seen a switch there to turn on the factory tow package lights. I just have a switch there in mine. It’s not hooked up.

D55FF835-119C-4371-8447-E7B47B475417.jpeg

It is a peep show viewing hole

there are two coin slotS in the glove box Left side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom