76 FJ40: Interior questions - what goes here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone - I was wondering if you all could help me figure out what these bolts/holes are for!

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

1st/2nd photos are old seat belt anchors. 3rd photo, no clue. They've been in every 40 I've owned/seen, but I've never seen anything bolted there.

Remember these things were built for worldwide distribution. Some things we see were not specific to N.A.
The shoulder belt bolt on the top was for other countries that did not require a "roll bar" bar like U.S. did.

Remember these things were built for worldwide distribution. Some things we see were not specific to N.A.
The shoulder belt bolt on the top was for other countries that did not require a "roll bar" bar like U.S. did.
Seems like a weird place for the top seatbelt mount to me - mine is on the vertical pillar.
A quick look at the thread will confirm though - seatbelt should be the only imperial thread on the truck (except some pipe fittings).

Evidently in the 2nd pic holes were for seatbelt retractor. It's amazing what you can find when you use the search function. The wealth of info on this great site is awsome.

Last edited:
new here also so my knowledge is limited for these great trucks but I can see the door jamb welds appear broken and the gap looks to be almost 3/8 inch. is there a similar gap at the top or bottom door header or toe. just my 2 cents

new here also so my knowledge is limited for these great trucks but I can see the door jamb welds appear broken and the gap looks to be almost 3/8 inch. is there a similar gap at the top or bottom door header or toe. just my 2 cents

huh?

My cruiser had the seat belt retractor above the window like picture 3. It’s a 77. I don’t have any attachment points on my role bar.

That fixed nut in picture three started right around 1973. I have a 72 and 73 hard tops. 73 has the fixed nuts. Believe it was Germany and possibly some other countries in Europe has had three point seat point required in 1973. The 73 top I bought in 1976 had rubber plugs in the threaded holes. Believe I've seen those plugs on other hard top.

My cruiser had the seat belt retractor above the window like picture 3. It’s a 77. I don’t have any attachment points on my role bar.

In the US those lower brackets and the top threaded holes were used for three point seat belts up to 2/78. This is a early 78 top I bought years ago.
IMG_20210406_185306391.jpg

This bracket was removed from an 84 HJ47RV from Australia.
IMG_20200112_122732275_HDR.jpg

Markets with out a roll bar that requires three point seat belts used this style bracket. In Australia that was 10/82+. These were for van style 40 series. Pickups it was a different style depending on market. The lower bracket was different. The threaded nut was closer to the B pillar. Canada used it own style that was bracket bolt in the upper corners. Have a set of those but no photo on my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom