Any interest in AC kits for lhd 7x models ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi guys I finally found a company that sells aftermarket ac units for our lhd 7x models. I am gonna order a few sets for me for the HZJ7x models in 24 volt but I know they also can deliver for the 12 volt versions. These are not cheap but are made to industrial standards as this company supplies mainly to the companies that install ac units in ambulances and industrial vehicles. The price will be around 2500$ , not cheap but when you compare this to the 2200$ for just the oem under dash unit from Toyota IF you can find one it seems like a no brainer.

I need to place an order next week and do a 40% down payment, I should receive these in August when I am in Europe and ship these in the next container with eta in TX either late September or early October depending on the boat schedules, a little bit to late for this summer heat I know but plenty of time to get it ready for the next one.

The 2500$ is for the units shipped in this order , I plan to keep a few in stock after this order but will raise the price on those to 3000$

7x ac.png

Surprised about the low response on this tread as every time I list a 70 series for sale I get asked 50 times if it has ac and it turns out to be a deal breaker for most people.

I am gonna place my order on Monday if anyone wants in.

Joe

Looks like a good setup. I have A/C on mine, but I think I need a new compressor or a clutch at the very least.

LHD and ac ? Or do you have a rhd because then ac is pretty common . On the lhd in Europe about one in every hundred of the HZJ7x's legal for import have ac , the newer models more but almost none of the 25 year old ones.

You are correct, RHD. Yeah thats pretty crazy only a few of the Europe have them. This does seem like a good kit for basically the price of an evaporator.

I know you stated LHD 7X but just to be clear, these only work on LHD?

Count me in. 12V

Count me in. 12V

I doubt they have a matching bracket for a 1FZ as this never was available in Europe , I can order a 12v one for a light duty 7x but you will need to build a bracket for the compressor or use a stock 1FZ compressor

Last edited:
FYI, FJ62 compressor is bolt in.

Cheers

I mistyped 1FZ as 1HZ, he needs one for a 1FZ which I think would not be that hard to get here but good to know that the FJ62 compressor bolts on the 1HZ

I mistyped 1FZ as 1HZ, he needs one for a 1FZ which I think would not be that hard to get here but good to know that the FJ62 compressor bolts on the 1HZ

And a place in Arizona sells them fully refurbished for like $300.

Cheers

Actually, this would be for a future project 73/74 series that you have not sold me yet. :p:p:p

Not sure what engine. What makes the 12v/24v different? Compressor and Fan? Seems like I can always go down to 12, not as easy to go up to 24.

K

Actually, this would be for a future project 73/74 series that you have not sold me yet. :p:p:p

Not sure what engine. What makes the 12v/24v different? Compressor and Fan? Seems like I can always go down to 12, not as easy to go up to 24.

K

Awesome, any particular color you prefer 😉

Btw any leaf sprung 7x coming from my neck of the woods is gonna be 24v

Nice to see that someone's selling kits for them now. I've looked at a couple 70 series in the past and no A/C was always a deal breaker.

$2,500 isn't even really that expensive either..I paid $1,300 just for a new A/C kit for my 91 YJ..for a vehicle MADE in the states!

I'm interested. Will it work with a BJ73? How in depth would the install be? Is it pretty much plug and play?

The one for a BJ73 comes with different mounting brackets for the engine but should be the same otherwise , I have not installed one but assume that it can not be that difficult

After receiving questions about which models are available I have a list of what I can get

The LJ series with 2L and 2LT motor in 12 volt
The KZJ series with 1KZ motor in 12 volt
The HZJ series in both 12 and 24 volt

Unfortunately they no longer supply this kit for any 7x with a B series engine

I am gonna place my order this weekend so anyone who wants in please step forward and contact me about the deposit .

Thanks

Joe

Money sent. Quote from my high school yearbook. "Stay cool"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom