Another FJ40 build from the ground up and it only took a week! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rainman

Wondering what my next vehicle will be...
Threads
You heard me. I’ve built a handful of FJ40s in my aging years and they’ve taken 1.5 to 10 years. But I finally mastered it and this one only took 7 days. I had a cheat sheet though. A little more than 20 years ago, I was a 3D modeler for an animation company. I was the technical modeler for them. I built planes, trains, and automobiles. I built a wheelchair and neighborhood for Traction Jackson of the Sesame Street show. Well, I decided I wanted to make an FJ40 for myself and here’s how it turned out.

Straight 3:4.png

I'm in - how do I get me one of those?

Hold on to your britches. That was a teaser. Pay attention for updates to the model.

Screen Shot 2022 chassis PM.png

Screen Shot straight PM.png

Last edited:
Some of you may have seen my cartoons of an FJ40 before. TLCA made some shirts and stickers with one of them. This FJ40 was headed for making a 3D version of that cartoon from the beginning. Here's the cartoon and the model as a copy.

Target.png

Warped version.png

Last edited:
Blender. I was a Lightwave Modeler guy 20 years ago.

What are your plans for this design?

Making 3D prints of my buddies trucks. And of course, one for me and my old Cruiser.
Army Green.png

That's awesome! Do they print out in color or do you have to paint them?

That is awesome. I believe I have a GSMTR shirt with the cartoon on the front and on the back the 40 is being winched up. Probably 20 or maybe more years ago!

I paint them all. They’re printed in two pieces. Body with the spare and the rolling chassis. Of course, no, the tires don’t roll.

Wow! Awesome... Thanks.

PLans are on hold for now. BUT! If I create other models AND get a new 3D printer, Sure, I'll build a 45. Just don't hold your breath.

friggin coolest ever!! love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom