Aftermarket or Other OEM Front Seat option thread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning! I hate my front seats. Just did the drive down to Corolla NC again from DC and my back is still hurting. The OEM seats just are not for me, I took mine apart, added seat heaters and had some of the stuffing/foam redone already. Is there an option for a good aftermarket seat or OEM seat from another make that somewhat matches the interior of a Grey/Blue FJ62? Tried to work the search w/o much luck. Icon/TLC4x4 has a Trailmax seat that they modify. Thoughts or links?

Thanks!

Icon Trailmax Seat.JPG

Google “fj60 seats”

TMX, what do you have? Thank you all for the responses!
Top secret the owner doesn't want me to tell anyone i could show you also they don't bolt right in and no one makes a bracket kit i also have the after market seats that were in the 60 before and the seat brackets unsure of what they are tho.

I’ve got a set of Recarro seats from a VW GTI. Needed an adapter plate to bolt to factory seat brackets, but
They are by far the most comfortable seat I’ve ever sat in for long trips. Last trip to Arctic and back was over
9500 kms in 16 days.

I just took a second mortgage. Ordered Scheel-Mann seats after I took a drive to Seattle and back. My back was killing me.
Sat in them in an 80 Series and they're damn comfortable. On a lifted truck though I would definitely want the lower seat bottom/bolsters when getting in and out. Have wondered whether the folding left and right armrests on each seat would be an option.

Love these seats. They are from a 2000 3 series.
21176421989_3b1eff6275_z.jpg

There is a dealer close to me so I was able to talk to somebody and sit in the seats.
I got the Traveler F with lumbar support and drivers seat arm rest on the right side. It has the lower thigh bolsters for climbing in and out.

One thing to note is most Volvo and BMW electric seats have the controls on the seat, so you don’t have to deal with canbus ****ery or working up your own control panel. Just isolate the airbags and provide 12v and ground. However- this doesn’t apply to the heaters as most recent ones have a push-button heater control on the dash which connects to some kind of controller.

Saab 9-5 seats are one to consider too. But scheel Mann seats are my goal.

I just took a second mortgage. Ordered Scheel-Mann seats after I took a drive to Seattle and back. My back was killing me.

Here here -

How much all after shipping?

Izuzu rodeo seats here, in a 84 FJ60. Only had to *bend* the rails that came with it in the front to bolt right up (think I did some drilling with a step to make it tad larger). Does sit a bit higher than my worn OEM, and could come from a variety of years and colors. Driver side was electric, passenger manual.

Glenn in Marana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom