Builds A simple Troopy build thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the world of LEDs Troopy.....out with your halogens.

View attachment 2314624
Nice. I’m doing the same but haven’t made it light up yet with the LEDs. I’ll be copying what I didn’t in my 80 and change all bulbs to red LEDs.

A couple quick questions.

Is that an OEM vinyl floor? or an aftermarket version?

When you pulled the dash, did you leave the steering wheel on? I have to pull mine soon and to be honest I don't want to pull the steering wheel off if I don't have too. Anything crazy to know when pulling the dash?

View attachment 2313989View attachment 2313990

As usual Saddam is watching over things.....not happy either....his days being on that horn pad are coming to an end.

View attachment 2313991
[/QUOTE]

A couple quick questions.

Is that an OEM vinyl floor? or an aftermarket version?

When you pulled the dash, did you leave the steering wheel on? I have to pull mine soon and to be honest I don't want to pull the steering wheel off if I don't have too. Anything crazy to know when pulling the dash?

View attachment 2313989View attachment 2313990

As usual Saddam is watching over things.....not happy either....his days being on that horn pad are coming to an end.

View attachment 2313991
[/QUOTE]

OEM vinyl but from a few different trucks.....It's not idea but it will work for our purposes.

Steering column didn't come out to pull the dash. It might have been lowered but it never came out.....we drive the truck around without a dash in it. Dash isn't a real mystery to get out. Pretty straightforward.

Light refresh on the pedals......fresh paint, grease on all the pivot points, new pedal pads. Put in a new accelerator cable too.....the one that came with the truck has done its time.

20200522_092829.jpg

Thanks, I didn't think the dash would be too crazy, but you never know if there are any weird little gremlins when dealing with stuff.

We take dashes out of new high dollar cars so this one is like child's play. Ha.

I might have missed this but who makes that floor-mounted cup holder? It looks awesome. Any idea if it would work on a 1987 Troopy?

I might have missed this but who makes that floor-mounted cup holder? It looks awesome. Any idea if it would work on a 1987 Troopy?

No idea who makes it...found it randomly and ordered a few. They have fit in all the trucks so far. I think one of the tabs is for a newer truck with factory cupholdes.

If it makes sense, I can bring them in along with speaker pods....

I'd be into both the cup holder and the speaker pod/door pockets for sure.

I ordered mine on Amazon here. I couldn't find gray though. One vendor posted this fitment picture. I imagine the shifter makes contact in the left pic.

51Lm9pISJcL._AC_.jpg

That's a R151 in a 79 with the new dash which I would have thought it would have fit but the cup holder in that truck covers an airbag sensor so maybe it's different in a non-airbag truck with a cupholder OR it's a 79 with a H trans of some sort....VDJ7X? No idea.

I know it fits the 1FZF troopy with the H150, the HZJ73 and my 79 with the 1HZ and the H151....needed a few mods but then again, that whole truck is one big mod. Ha.

Last edited:
Got our pedals done, mounted the dead pedal and even had time to dye the OEM oak kick panels with some SEM.

Roughed in
20200522_122901.jpg

this is how the dead pedal went in.....stud on the floor and we inserted a stud in the top of the nut for the pedal....the pedal sits up off the floor a little differently in a 75 vs. a 79....so we needed a little longer reach.
20200522_161005.jpg
20200520_135715.jpg

20200522_155407.jpg

all done

20200522_155426.jpg

Got our pedals done, mounted the dead pedal and even had time to dye the OEM oak kick panels with some SEM.

Roughed in
View attachment 2315463

this is how the dead pedal went in.....stud on the floor and we inserted a stud in the top of the nut for the pedal....the pedal sits up off the floor a little differently in a 75 vs. a 79....so we needed a little longer reach.
View attachment 2315468View attachment 2315457
View attachment 2315473

all done

View attachment 2315458
I'll bite... I need that dead pedal. You don't happen to have a part number do you?

I'll bite... I need that dead pedal. You don't happen to have a part number do you?

All of mine came with the cabs....but I ended up with a spare that is going in this truck.

Here you go....looks like it comes with the clips you will need too.

Almost forgot that we installed a new dash pad yesterday.....my parts stash is slowly decreasing.

20200522_134120.jpg
20200522_154508.jpg

Big change from almost a year ago when this thing arrived...

20200522_163039.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom