A journey with my boys- The Elf Barn as I call it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We will leave the light on for you @CaptClose. Hopefully get this place sorted out soon.

Cell reception is much better here than the East Texas barn. We will still be reading paper FSMs. Bring your reading glasses and rocking chair. We will supply the reading lamp.
And if you don't behave the rocking chair will be replaced with a regular wooden chair, the lampshade will come off, and a brighter bulb will be installed. And did I mention the rope?

G'Day Fella's,

Great to see ceylonfj40nut, and thank you for keeping us posted.
Good size sheds, that I am envious of and very nice home to boot ............ LOL!

Keep Safe folks.

Regards
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

Great to see ceylonfj40nut, and thank you for keeping us posted.
Good size sheds, that I am envious of and very nice home to boot ............ LOL!

Keep Safe folks.

Regards
Homer

Homer, thanks for the kind words. Each day is a blessing. Try to live it well as we can.

Tomorrow is a plan and a hope never a promise.

The sheds are the classroom for my boys. That’s joy for me.

:princess: is also looking forward to the place. We are both excited to have our friends over to do life. Especially cruiserheads. You are welcome to hang.

DFW.

Got the new barn power washed on the inside yesterday. Lots of grime. Da Fam all pitched in. :princess: is a mean power washer. Exterior gets power washed and painted this week by a painter. Then ready for move in.

Hired out to repair all 9 garage doors. All new rollers and springs. Works smoothly.

8B77AD9A-9366-4402-91C1-97A10096DCCF.jpeg

DCFFB4ED-BB7F-4C30-94D7-C14D6A31EF41.jpeg

C4155F0F-9F2B-42BF-8156-6BD8046FF894.jpeg

824CE319-990E-4285-AC35-42090C6B0583.jpeg

3ECCF435-7CD3-4BF5-B2E7-5D93FAAACB99.jpeg

Absolutely it will be a cruiser meeting point. Funny you mention that. I was staring at the place while on the porch swing and I saw exactly that. BTW, let me know anytime you are in Dallas. You are welcome!!!😁

Last edited:
Are you going to install a compressed air circuit?

I have a Compressor and piping system I bought for the old barn. Planning to re-install it. The new place has some hose connections already. I like your set up.

Three acres to mow. Need to make sure it does not take away from barn time. Zero turn. 8mph. SCAG. Makes a chore a thrill.... hopefully. Wanted a landcruiser of mowers.

0FE3610C-55DE-4D79-8C67-3ADFCD4B9558.jpeg

Awesome! Looking great!

My dad lives in Waxahachie so not far from you. Maybe someday I'll roadtrip down your way and stop and say hey!

Zero turns make a HUGE time difference I've got a Grasshopper, 54" zero turn and it makes mowing enjoyable....well except with the 20mph winds and super dry year this year. I've got around 4ish mowable acres around all sorts of trees/buildings, corrals...it would be miserable with a brush hog or anything else.

IMG_4009.jpg

@FJBen needless to say. Would love it if you stopped by. Anytime. That would be very welcome! Nice grasshopper! Did not want a brush hog for many reasons. We have Orange Peel (our tiny tractor) but the attachment was 50% of the scag. Orange peel is not as nimble or fast. Orange peel will get used other ways to keep the gravel roads in check.

DDC8F08D-E8E9-4C9F-9282-A03225130269.jpeg

Last edited:
Paint went on. Doors get painted tomorrow. About ready to move the old barn into the new barn.

Debating on whether to do a wet look seal on the floors or even epoxy coating. Not sure how well it will hold up to forklift twirls, welding slag, and more. Might just let it be native.

46629FFC-5616-4766-A8FE-47A67AB7BA09.jpeg

E39A8831-0EB6-4034-9CDD-4F6D3D8DB773.jpeg

14B3B88B-FBFE-4AE8-93ED-62A8BC3CE46F.jpeg

A3E7F405-7000-4EB1-9605-37ABE9A8763E.jpeg

You want to do the floors.
I did mine only partially for the same reason, welding spatter and such, and regret not doing it all the way.
It will damage but is still better then nothing. Just clean regularly and it stays nice.
Once you are init is much harder to do, use the momentum now!

Agreed, do that floor now. Natural concrete will soak up stains and oil and keep it for a long time. Get it coated, prepped really good and it should stay awhile.
Heat pickup from tires can be an issue but there are ways around that. Cool tires down, drive on pads, carpet etc.

You could get some rubber mats when you are really working dirty on a rig, big enough to cover the ground under the rig, and roll up for a nice floor when done.

I'd recommend burnishing the concrete, then sealing it, and leaving it. If its a working shop (not a showroom) then the oil stains shouldn't matter a whole lot, and the burnishing will stand up better to weld slag / forklift work than an epoxy coating will.

Before
1594472712628.png

After

506D63D1-9356-4117-81A9-D30EA473A05F.jpeg

Next are floors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom