8x Series V8 Swaps (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can someone please help. 5.3 in 92 Land Cruiser, 96% done. Fires right up, computer programed, revs great, and transmission will not shift after 1st gear. No second, no 3rd ,4th. What could be wrong? The speed sensor is on the adapter kit, Marks 4wd 🤯🤕
Might be a problem with the wiring pinned wrong. Could be the wrong or bad tune. Does the trans have enough fluid?

Can someone please help. 5.3 in 92 Land Cruiser, 96% done. Fires right up, computer programed, revs great, and transmission will not shift after 1st gear. No second, no 3rd ,4th. What could be wrong? The speed sensor is on the adapter kit, Marks 4wd 🤯🤕

I bet you have the main round transmission electrical connector in backwards.

I bet you have the main round transmission electrical connector in backwards.
I received a harness with two bad pins in that plug, brand new harness in a Connect & Cruise package direct from GM. Arrow on the plug faces away from the trans.

Might be a problem with the wiring pinned wrong. Could be the wrong or bad tune. Does the trans have enough fluid?
Couple of questions:
Do you have HP Tuner? Is your trans throwing a code?
Have you verified all of your data lines are connected properly? (HP Tuner can see both ECM and TCM)
Did you wire the TCC cut off with your brakes properly?
Not sure if we have to do something with the VSS, but did you wire that?

All of these could impact the trans.

Couple of questions:
Do you have HP Tuner? Is your trans throwing a code?
Have you verified all of your data lines are connected properly? (HP Tuner can see both ECM and TCM)
Did you wire the TCC cut off with your brakes properly?
Not sure if we have to do something with the VSS, but did you wire that?

All of these could impact the trans.
I think you replied to the wrong guy

very possibly another stupid question... but that's never stopped me before. I have a 2002 4l60e. Shallow pan and filter showed up from summit, I pull my old pan and realize my new filter is a slightly different shape. I had somehow ordered a 93-97 shallow filter. Run all over town looking for a shallow filter with no luck, cannot find a shallow filter. get home, try one more time to get the 93-97 filter to slip in. Filter slips in, pan clears filter, get everything bolted back up with new shallow pan. my question is, is there any reason I shouldn't fill up the tranny and run this 93-97 filter in my 2000 ish 4l60e?

very possibly another stupid question... but that's never stopped me before. I have a 2002 4l60e. Shallow pan and filter showed up from summit, I pull my old pan and realize my new filter is a slightly different shape. I had somehow ordered a 93-97 shallow filter. Run all over town looking for a shallow filter with no luck, cannot find a shallow filter. get home, try one more time to get the 93-97 filter to slip in. Filter slips in, pan clears filter, get everything bolted back up with new shallow pan. my question is, is there any reason I shouldn't fill up the tranny and run this 93-97 filter in my 2000 ish 4l60e?
I would think if the filter doesn't have adequate clearance it could starve the trans of fluid.

You have to have the correct filter. It needs to rest on the pan with its feet. If not it will vibrate out and you will ruin your trans. Put the same filter in you took out. Check out transmissionbench.com.

Got the trans flashed and she rolls. Though the engine runs pretty rough. I have HPTuners but honestly I don’t know what I’m doing. Pretty sure the engine needs tuned as I see many issues. Hoping I can get it worked out soon.

i have a set of CruiserMatt's LS swap motor mounts new in box if anyone is interested in them. I paid $260 plus shipping and tax. I would sell them for $200 shipped since i switched gears on my project and no longer need these. I was past the return window which is on me.

I had some intake vacuum leaks causing some rough idle. Makes sure your brake booster hose is

Totally get it. Like yours, my engine is rebuilt. I added a stage 1 cam and new fuel rails etc. I also added a new fuel pump and much more aggressive injectors. (Clearly I like to throw money into the wind and off buildings, or in the trash etc.) in anyevent, my engine starts fine and will idle fine, but after a couple of mins, the idle gets a little too low. When I put it in drive, there is virtually no torque etc. The engine is just completely out of tune. I picked up my cam from texas speed and I have considered an email tuning service, but I have an appointment with a tuner near me with a Dyno. I mean...I just swapped it...why not see what I am getting for all of the money I just spent?

Meanwhile I am going to address the oil leak and I have a leak on the driverside axle seal. I'll address those and possibly the CEL by the 14th so I will be "done" then. Doubt it. I will find other stuff to spend on by then.

Totally get it. Like yours, my engine is rebuilt. I added a stage 1 cam and new fuel rails etc. I also added a new fuel pump and much more aggressive injectors. (Clearly I like to throw money into the wind and off buildings, or in the trash etc.) in anyevent, my engine starts fine and will idle fine, but after a couple of mins, the idle gets a little too low. When I put it in drive, there is virtually no torque etc. The engine is just completely out of tune. I picked up my cam from texas speed and I have considered an email tuning service, but I have an appointment with a tuner near me with a Dyno. I mean...I just swapped it...why not see what I am getting for all of the money I just spent?

Meanwhile I am going to address the oil leak and I have a leak on the driverside axle seal. I'll address those and possibly the CEL by the 14th so I will be "done" then. Doubt it. I will find other stuff to spend on by then.
You're going to have a useable 80 at some point, right? 😎

i have a set of CruiserMatt's LS swap motor mounts new in box if anyone is interested in them. I paid $260 plus shipping and tax. I would sell them for $200 shipped since i switched gears on my project and no longer need these. I was past the return window which is on me.

@yotarunner I sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom