8x Series V8 Swaps (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine has only went above 200 when wheeling with the AC on in Utah in August.

I remember seeing a post somewhere and couldn't find it in my notes on where, so I apologize to bring up something old. I'm curious how you guys are wiring up your a/c. I've also read there might be an issue with running electric fans at the same time as the a/c? I'm asking because I'm getting close to being done with my wiring harness but I have left over wires from the c100 connector. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I remember seeing a post somewhere and couldn't find it in my notes on where, so I apologize to bring up something old. I'm curious how you guys are wiring up your a/c. I've also read there might be an issue with running electric fans at the same time as the a/c? I'm asking because I'm getting close to being done with my wiring harness but I have left over wires from the c100 connector. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

AC: connect old fan clutch wire (+) to new fan clutch. You’ll probably need to add a ground. It will work as it did before.

AC w/elec fans: You need a fan controller with an AC input. You want the fans to run any time the AC is on.

Last edited:
I can't use them through the LS PCM and program them from HP tuners?

Surely you can. I thought you were asking about the 80 side.

If anyone knows how I hope they share. I don’t know how. Supposedly there is a way to do it. Have tried on different vehicle and couldn’t figure it out. Controlling fans based off engine temp -yes. Turning fans on with AC, using the GM PCM couldn’t figure out.

That said, my 80 is using a mechanic fan. I am toying with the idea of going to electric fans though. Just for more room in front of the engine.

If anyone knows how I hope they share. I don’t know how. Supposedly there is a way to do it. Have tried on different vehicle and couldn’t figure it out. Controlling fans based off engine temp -yes. Turning fans on with AC, using the GM PCM couldn’t figure out.

That said, my 80 is using a mechanic fan. I am toying with the idea of going to electric fans though. Just for more room in front of the engine.
just steal signal from ac clutch and use relay to turn fans off and on

AC: connect old fan clutch wire (+) to new fan clutch. You’ll probably need to add a ground. It will work as it did before.

AC w/elec fans: You need a fan controller with an AC input. You want the fans to run any time the AC is on.

just steal signal from ac clutch and use relay to turn fans off and on

Is the 80 A/C pressure switch used in these swaps?

I left it as is. Functions same as factory.

Thank you.

For those looking for another option on AC fan activation, this is what I did: Pro Comp 14" Aux Fax Install - '97 LX450

An empty spot on the factory AC pressure witch is used to activate the fan. All is done under the hood.

**As a note, this will allow the fan to run with the vehicle off on cool down until pressure drops...

Last edited:
Thank you.

For those looking for another option on AC fan activation, this is what I did: Pro Comp 14" Aux Fax Install - '97 LX450

An empty spot on the factory AC pressure witch is used to activate the fan. All is done under the hood.

**As a note, this will allow the fan to run with the vehicle off on cool down until pressure drops...
i also installed 14 " fan from SUZUKI vitara and it moves some good amount of air , but i turn it one manually i barely ever use it since i have severe duty fan clutch and it keeps the condenser cool so A/C blows really cold

severe duty fan clutch will lock up 80-90 % when engaged

Question when doing the ls swap I to the 80 are you guys swapping the fuel pump in the tank? Is the factory pump suffice for fuel delivery?

Question when doing the ls swap I to the 80 are you guys swapping the fuel pump in the tank? Is the factory pump suffice for fuel delivery?

Keep the factory pump. It’s quiet and works well.

Keep the factory pump. It’s quiet and works well.
My stock started dropping pressure at top end evidenced by an inline gauge, replaced with walbro and all is good. I have the 6L though so may be different for say the 5.3.

My stock started dropping pressure at top end evidenced by an inline gauge, replaced with walbro and all is good. I have the 6L though so may be different for say the 5.3.

Out of curiosity, what did it drop to? Any lean codes?

Did you keep the stock hard lines or run new 3/8?

I kept the stock pump on the LS3 swap I did, and it ran great in all conditions. No codes or felt loss of fueling. I did not monitor the pressure though.

Out of curiosity, what did it drop to? Any lean codes?

Did you keep the stock hard lines or run new 3/8?

I kept the stock pump on the LS3 swap I did, and it ran great in all conditions. No codes or felt loss of fueling. I did not monitor the pressure though.
If I remember correctly it dropped from about 57psi to 52. My memory is pretty crappy though. I have 3/8 line. No codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom