80 series used prices...wow! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I jumped on this "covid" bandwagon and sold my '92 SVX last Friday, after owning it for 20 years. It was a bitter sweet experience and was happy to see it go to a young man who also owns an '90s Dodge Stealth. I don't think I could've asked for the price I did if it was not during Covid. When he came over to pick up the SVX, and saw my rigs, you can tell his mind was wandering. His buddy is into four wheeling so there was a lot of whispering going on :)

My 80 looks beat up, scratched, slightly dented and tired so I've never been approached but I'd be curious to see what someone would offer. The Firestone alignment guy pulled everyone over to look under the hood, the other day, which amused me quite a bit. One of the young tech then went underneath and started a closer look at everything then came over and introduced himself and he owns a Cherokee that he's modding slowly.

Last edited:
Right now, if I were selling a nice 80 I would take it to auction with a reserve. These trucks are hot hot hot and there is nothing better than two or more egos, errrrr people, going at it to purchase your 30 year old truck. Just one man's OPINION

A 12k mile white locked one owner rig will be on the market real soon! (Not mine)

Someone would give you $40k for that rig. Not me, but someone…
thumbsup.jpg

Right now, if I were selling a nice 80 I would take it to auction with a reserve. These trucks are hot hot hot and there is nothing better than two or more egos, errrrr people, going at it to purchase your 30 year old truck. Just one man's OPINION

This makes me want to not only disable my 80 at the trail head before I go for a hike or whatever but also grab the GPS tracker from my daughter's ride and toss it into mine 🤔

This makes me want to not only disable my 80 at the trail head before I go for a hike or whatever but also grab the GPS tracker from my daughter's ride and toss it into mine 🤔
I would. Rigs are coming up stolen everyday. Right from the driveway too. Even Mrs Hog gave up her spot in the garage for the 60.

1991LandCruiser-Rolled-4500.jpg

LOL. At least the interior is good, except for the entire roof and everything coated by the quart of primer.

Nobody should buy an 80 until at least 2022. Pandemic pricing is absurd.

That would just need to buffed out a little. That's a $20K in today's market.

Hey fellow enthusiasts! Just curious how much you think my old girl might be worth?
Factory turbo diesel, 4.2L straight 6. Auto. 200,000 miles. 2inch lift on 33s, arb barwork and custom aluminum roof rack.
20200929_200917.jpg
IMG_20201027_004104_130.jpg
20191112_200951.jpg

Thanks for the reply, it's been hard for me to find diesel ones in the US for me to compare.
Obviously my reply was a bit flippant as it's clearly worth more than $3K. In today's market it's hard to say what you could get. You limit your audience with the RHD but some won't care, especially if they are heeding to the siren call of the diesel.

The 80 is definitely a modern classic if that's a thing.

I've been keeping an eye on the market ever since I sold my first one. They have gone up globally. I'm seeing the Japanese auctions are also going up in value.

In the GCC, clean examples are going for well over 26K.

Hang on to your 80. There's no doubt it's going up in value parked.

I've had people leave notes and knock on my door asking to buy my 80 from 15-20k. I can't part with it. I am too sentimentally attached now. :(. I plan on giving it to my 9 year old son one day as I think he loves it even more than I do.

Glad I bought her when I did about 5 years ago at 160k miles with factory lockers for $6,000. Needed a bit of PM but has been well worth it.

Nah - 80's are worth f/all. CA knows best. Just got this gem in the mail today...

ca_wankers.jpg

Clearly worth only $1200. Of course it also has to pass smog before you get the $1200. For f%cks sake, if it passes smog, why not continue to drive it?

Dumb b@stards!

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom