80 series used prices...wow! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just sold a 1996 80 LX450 (NOT the clunker) in pretty good overall shape with no lockers for $10,500. I probably coulda held out for more, but I think that was a pretty fair deal.

I really want another 60 (I've sold 2 and regret it), but the wife is firmly against it. It would basically just be a garage ornament, so I'm passing on that idea for now. Even the rusty ones are well over $10k now. Occasionally I'll see someone who doesn't know what they have on craigslist.

My teenage dream car (MKIV Supra) is now up in the $90,000 range for a good one. I have made a pretty decent success of myself over the years and I'm doing pretty good for a 40yo guy, but that still feels out of reach to me. Certainly attainable, but probably not a wise life decision. I can just imagine the conversation with the bank., "Yes, I'd like to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy a mid-90's Toyota, please."

You don't want to meet your hero, there is nothing special about that Supra anymore other than it's looks, even being a Toyota doesn't play anymore because everything on it is so old....trust me, it feels and drives like a very outdated basic car there is nothing exciting about it.

Owned one when I was 19 and almost bought another one recently instead of my current fun car....it's only special in regards to chasing nostalgia and nothing else. It had nothing on the modern cars I considered, wasn't even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom