80 Series Sliders Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been on the hunt for some sliders for my 80 for some time now and the two prominent bolt-on options that I've found are white knuckle and metal tech. I definitely want to go the bold-on route because I don't have access to a welder. The thing is white knuckle is far out on build time and I'm not sure if I like the angle of the metal techs, I want something that fits the body a little better. I am ears for any and all suggestions from some more experienced 80 guys, could definitely use y'alls help. Thank you.

Put in your order and wait your 6-8 weeks and be very happy with WNOR. Super fit and finish. Cat protectors perfect. There are several threads referencing these comparisons but I think a lot are buried on forums like “what did you do with your 80”, etc. From sifting through the forum and now my personal research and experience, WNOR is the ticket for the 80.

You don't really mention if you intend to go wheeling or not. I have OPOR purchased from Metal Tech on both my 80s and I know others that use them too. These things are very strong and work well to protect the rig from damage. They really can take a licking and come out unscathed. If you are looking for actual sliders, they are great. However, if you are looking for more of a step, you can do better.

Anyone have experience with the WNOR control arm drop bracket?

I have an OME lift setup, but it was installed by PO... not sure on the height. It will clear 315s with slight rub at full tuck.

If the drop bracket will bring back some caster it might be just what my LC needs.

You don't really mention if you intend to go wheeling or not. I have OPOR purchased from Metal Tech on both my 80s and I know others that use them too. These things are very strong and work well to protect the rig from damage. They really can take a licking and come out unscathed. If you are looking for actual sliders, they are great. However, if you are looking for more of a step, you can do better.
Yeah that's why I want to get sliders so I have more confidence while wheeling. Definitely looking for the best/strongest option. Do you have any pictures of yours? Also trying to consider the higher price and the fact I will have to get them powder coated.

Slee, fit was perfect no issues got them in a day. Learned long ago to not mess with too many other companies, Mike at bump it makes great stuff too
40A97A36-A628-472C-BBDD-CA8C16ACF859.jpeg
E27282A6-051D-400C-B9F0-D22F30BD23C8.jpeg

Love my White Knuckle sliders and their 30 mins from my house. No shipping.

having just landed super hard on the White Knuckle sliders while wheeling the 80 on Monday, I wholeheartedly endorse White Knuckle, on account that the truck did not take any damage from any of those rocks the 80 crashed onto

To semi-hijack this thread, I'm interested in opinions on sliders available here in Australia. My 80 has the factory side-steps, which are nice and light, but sliders they are not. One side of mine already has a significant ding in it from a PO. I like the look of the White Knuckle sliders, but I don't know of any distributors here in Aus, and I daren't even think of the shipping cost to get them sent over from the US. Anyone have opinions on some good sliders available down-under?

I've been on the hunt for some sliders for my 80 for some time now and the two prominent bolt-on options that I've found are white knuckle and metal tech. I definitely want to go the bold-on route because I don't have access to a welder. The thing is white knuckle is far out on build time and I'm not sure if I like the angle of the metal techs, I want something that fits the body a little better. I am ears for any and all suggestions from some more experienced 80 guys, could definitely use y'alls help. Thank you.
Bump it off-road makes some nice sliders too!

+1 for Mike at Bump it Off-road. I have the step sliders and have put them to the test over and over on big rocks. They take a beating, and make it easy for my wife and kids to climb into the 80. Also, looks mostly stock, if that’s a concern.

^^ Another vote for MT. I had their OG set on my 80 and they took all the beatings. I just bought another set for our new Taco.

Yeah that's why I want to get sliders so I have more confidence while wheeling. Definitely looking for the best/strongest option. Do you have any pictures of yours? Also trying to consider the higher price and the fact I will have to get them powder coated.
I'll try and snap a shot or two today. They angle up so they tuck in tighter than ones that are flat. My experience is that angled ones make better sliders but flat one make better steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom