Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s awesome. I’ve spent the last 2 weekends in the UP making an attempt at bagging a grouse. My oldest dog is doing everything in his power to make sure that we don’t come home with anything and that includes getting skunked.
One of my other ner’ do well friends just got back from the UP. He was trout fishing. This is the only pic he sent me.

”Nice buck”…

I’ve had a open spot on this trip for two years but, things have been getting in the way…

02C98D21-3946-415C-AACF-488ACFB34932.jpeg

One of my favorite things to do

I’m way off the TLC tech road, but…..

You never know what you’ll run into. It seems like the early season hunts are packed with the holdovers…The cover is high and it’s easy for the birds to “run”. I’m somewhat of a noob to the culture (kinda like here) and wish I had gotten into the concept years ago. There’s a very “social” aspect to the experience…

“Spark plug, Asco, 90wt, Cooper, FST, T-case, Jump Seat, 4spd, Locker, Semi Floating, Not a Jeep”….😇

I’m way off the TLC tech road, but…..

You never know what you’ll run into. It seems like the early season hunts are packed with the holdovers…The cover is high and it’s easy for the birds to “run”. I’m somewhat of a noob to the culture (kinda like here) and wish I had gotten into the concept years ago. There’s a very “social” aspect to the experience…

“Spark plug, Asco, 90wt, Cooper, FST, T-case, Jump Seat, 4spd, Locker, Semi Floating, Not a Jeep”….😇
Bird hunting is awesome, especially over your own dog(s). Shooting birds that others have paid for is a bonus. Now that my kids are old enough to tag along, i’ve switched to mostly upland over deer hunting. It’s more social, doesn’t take up an entire day and no scent control needed.

Bird hunting is awesome, especially over your own dog(s). Shooting birds that others have paid for is a bonus. Now that my kids are old enough to tag along, i’ve switched to mostly upland over deer hunting. It’s more social, doesn’t take up an entire day and no scent control needed.

Exactly...!👍👈😎

I’ve never hunted chukar but they sure scare the crap out of me when I’m archery deer hunting, stalking around a grassy finger hillside and they bust out 30’ away.

I’ve never hunted chukar but they sure scare the crap out of me when I’m archery deer hunting, stalking around a grassy finger hillside and they bust out 30’ away.

Just like stepping on a grouse at 0500 toting your bow and hand climber. That’s why you always carry a roll of TP. 🙄

Just like stepping on a grouse at 0500 toting your bow and hand climber. That’s why you always carry a roll of TP. 🙄
Almost crapped my pants as a teenager, flushed a pheasant in my face in the dark the morning after watching The Blair Witch.

Almost crapped my pants as a teenager, flushed a pheasant in my face in the dark the morning after watching The Blair Witch.
LMAO

You haven’t lived until you flush a “bird” at O-Dark-Thirty…You can’t drive a pin up your butt with a sledge hammer after that…😮

Tuff day at the ranch.

The Mrs had a beauty upgrade today, fingers and toes as I recall. So, I thought I was going to coast to an uninhibited, unfettered “Man Day”. I had a bank of freshly rebuilt carbs for the 350f, a good scrub and clean for the Mulle, shotgun clean and the repair of a feeder all lined up. Even had a beverage chilling for my victory lap at the end of the day.

Right out of the gate things went south on the carb install. #1 leaked around the bowl immediately, fiddled and fussed a bit before pulling/draining and shelving for later. OK, Mule is next. Hop in, 1/2 choke, 1 pump for luck, hit the key……

The dreaded ball bearing in a tin can sound. 🙄 1st thought, check connections, battery, ground, starter, Dizz, alt, Fuses, fusible link. etc. etc etc etc etc

No worries. I’ve got a spare starter. It’s got to be the starter. Right? nope. Two spare starters later nothing. I mean nothing. No turning of anything. Kick front tire, throw wrench, glare menacingly, still nothing.

For giggles I toss the charger on the ”semi new” battery. 20 minutes later motors turns. 🤔

Now, I enjoy automotive electrical work about as much as taking a swift kick to the nads. Same sensation. So the frustration meter was pinging off of the redline.

Trying to narrow down the usual suspects. I pulled and cleaned all my connections to the starter, VR, dizz and alt. Rechecked the grounds. Soooo, in the end. Bad battery???

Its on the charger now. I’ll pull it in the AM and take it in for a test. Starting to think I have something “pulling” my charge.

I did add an aftermarket relay to the winch earlier this summer….😮

Last edited:
Battery was the culprit. All night on the charger, won’t take a charge….Still, new Interstate, 6+ months old. Doesn’t add up. New alt, new belt, new batt, new VR. I’ll load it up for a trip to the big city for an exchange. The dance school car washes should be over for the year, so it should be safe outside the wire…Just say’en…🙄

Battery was the culprit. All night on the charger, won’t take a charge….Still, new Interstate, 6+ months old. Doesn’t add up. New alt, new belt, new batt, new VR. I’ll load it up for a trip to the big city for an exchange. The dance school car washes should be over for the year, so it should be safe outside the wire…Just say’en…🙄
Must be rough having to be 500yds away from a co-ed at any given time.

Must be rough having to be 500yds away from a co-ed at any given time.

That studio is 15 miles away. I swear on recital night, I register about 2.0 on the Richter Scale…

Instead of having the kids wash cars to make a few bucks…. Let them sell coupons for car washes at the nearby car wash… you win, they win and even the car wash wins

Instead of having the kids wash cars to make a few bucks…. Let them sell coupons for car washes at the nearby car wash… you win, they win and even the car wash wins
Yes sir, I hear what you’re saying. But, this ref: goes way back in the “way back machine”…The Mule knows. 😉

I have always wanted That ‘way back machine’. Started in the ‘60’s when I was 8…could’nt pick a color ‘cause it was BLACK &WHITE TV ! 😎

If you ever want to get “over this way” for a bird, give me a heads up. I’ve got a spot er’ two…Late season is the best IMHO…

4spd, 90wt, clutch, muffler, jump seat, radio delete, FST, ambulance doors, ASCO….😊

Sorry I blanked out again. We didn’t stay on Sunday anyway, had to get back and knock out some work. My brother said they stocked some decent trout in the chest this year, I didn’t bring a rod, I guess I missed out.

When I was a kid I flushed out a grouse & man oh man I’ll never forget that, didn’t shoot, didn’t even know what happened, it scared the crap out of me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom