74 PA PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, he's a wether, that's why he's small. A 2.5 year old buck that we raised would be around #300 or more pounds and you wouldn't call them friendly. :) Good for you keeping the unwanted it can be a handful. Since we retired from raising kids the Does left are now our pets and will live out their lives care free.
There's a man who knows his goats! Thanks for the education. Every animal has their own story. We enjoy it and happy to do our part.

Finishing up reassembly of the doors. Bought new door cards a few years ago. After all the hard dirty work, it's amazing how the little things start to make it look like something.

649.jpg

650.jpg

Need to figure out the front seating section. Hope to use two buckets and a center console. The combination is from an 06 Ford F150 King Ranch. It will be a tight fit. Couldn't get any good measurements before I made the purchase. Will definitely have to modify the center console, was an automatic, came with the shift lever etc.

Would also like to use the existing rear heater.

653.jpg

Cut the front off of the center console.
657.jpg

Need to figure out the front seating section. Hope to use two buckets and a center console. The combination is from an 06 Ford F150 King Ranch. It will be a tight fit. Couldn't get any good measurements before I made the purchase. Will definitely have to modify the center console, was an automatic, came with the shift lever etc.

Would also like to use the existing rear heater.

View attachment 2644735

Cut the front off of the center console.
View attachment 2644738
I have similar F150 seats in my Pig. An FJ60 console fits perfectly between them. Might be my favorite mod. Could not make the rear heater fit in the stock location but haven’t missed it, probably because of lots of sound deadening mat/insulation and fresh weatherstripping.

I have similar F150 seats in my Pig. An FJ60 console fits perfectly between them. Might be my favorite mod. Could not make the rear heater fit in the stock location but haven’t missed it, probably because of lots of sound deadening mat/insulation and fresh weatherstripping.

Saved me some work looking for options. Hope that's my Plan B and Plan A will work. Thanks for following along.

Gentleman farms are the best! When we bought ours we inherited 2 miniature donkeys. Pepino is awesome and our boys really enjoy their “big dogs”. Multiple cruisers and a menagerie of farm animals is where it’s at.

View attachment 2644896

Awesome picture with the the kids. Great way to grow up. The boys will learn many life lessons.

Found a picture of the center console before we cut it. Trial fitting to determine length.

684.jpg

Used black diamond plate to cap the cut end. For the most part I like the look.

654.jpg

Made some front and rear brackets to mount the console.

656.jpg

662.jpg

Run it through the gears?? Make sure shifter don't hit .

Shifter does clear through all gears but just barely. If it's too annoying good chance we'll have to bend the stick.

Want to keep the rear heater. The plan is to mount it under the new console. Mock up says it will work. Not sure how effective it will be? The console has two vents and we'll build a skirt with holes in the base. First need to replumb the heater.

663.jpg

664.jpg

665.jpg

In the list of my life's skills, electrician is at the bottom. I don't know why? Just never got into it.

The new seats I have for the PIG are power seats and it would be nice to have them operational. Why not?

Looking at all the wiring under the seats can be head scratching for someone with my limited ability. They are six way power seats, the drivers seat has memory and heat.
659.jpg

First thing I did was go to the you pull it junk yard and bought a harness to connect the driver and passenger seats. Thinking if I can power the harness it would in turn power both seats. Well........that wasn't even close to a good guess. Wasted time and money, nothing worked.

Got rid of the harness and attempted to wire each seat individually. Started with the passenger seat, picked out the heaviest red wire, connected power, established a ground and it worked! That one was easy. I think I got this figured out.

653.jpg

The driver's seat was not as cooperative. No matter what I tried. Nothing worked. Google searches and You Tube video's didn't help. Talked to many people including a Ford service manager. He was useless, at this point I knew more than he did.

One common denominator I found while researching was the memory and heat options are the issue. The advise was to eliminate anything related to memory or heat. Cut apart the loom and removed all associated memory and heat wires and connectors. There are 3 motors. Isolated the motor wires and found a wiring diagram for the six way switch. Made the connections and magically it worked!

Didn't have to have power seats but I wasn't going to give up. Probably a simple task for others, for me it was an accomplishment. Ran separate fused power lines to each seat to prepare for the install.

661.jpg

652.jpg

I have much respect for anyone who works with the large electrical harnesses and vehicle wiring.

In the list of my life's skills, electrician is at the bottom. I don't know why? Just never got into it.

The new seats I have for the PIG are power seats and it would be nice to have them operational. Why not?

Looking at all the wiring under the seats can be head scratching for someone with my limited ability. They are six way power seats, the drivers seat has memory and heat.
View attachment 2655085

First thing I did was go to the you pull it junk yard and bought a harness to connect the driver and passenger seats. Thinking if I can power the harness it would in turn power both seats. Well........that wasn't even close to a good guess. Wasted time and money, nothing worked.

Got rid of the harness and attempted to wire each seat individually. Started with the passenger seat, picked out the heaviest red wire, connected power, established a ground and it worked! That one was easy. I think I got this figured out.

View attachment 2655257

The driver's seat was not as cooperative. No matter what I tried. Nothing worked. Google searches and You Tube video's didn't help. Talked to many people including a Ford service manager. He was useless, at this point I knew more than he did.

One common denominator I found while researching was the memory and heat options are the issue. The advise was to eliminate anything related to memory or heat. Cut apart the loom and removed all associated memory and heat wires and connectors. There are 3 motors. Isolated the motor wires and found a wiring diagram for the six way switch. Made the connections and magically it worked!

Didn't have to have power seats but I wasn't going to give up. Probably a simple task for others, for me it was an accomplishment. Ran separate fused power lines to each seat to prepare for the install.

View attachment 2655236

View attachment 2655146

I have much respect for anyone who works with the large electrical harnesses and vehicle wiring.
I know what you mean, sometimes the "because it's there" is all the challenge you need to wade into things...

A good wiring diagram can be worth its weight in gold!

Now that we have the seats and console figured out we can install the carpet. Don't remember where I bought it? It was a few years ago and believe it came from Australia.

Came in 2 pieces covering front and rear seating areas. Nothing for cargo area. Had to trim to fit. For the most part, I'm happy with the carpet.

666.jpg

692.jpg

689.jpg

Needed something to secure the carpet on the edges. Made our own sill/skid plates with the leftover black diamond plating.

668.jpg
670.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom