460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So today I installed the crawl control + mts. It seems that everything is working perfect altough I didn't try them yet. So it seems that you can also retrofit them to 150 Prado with pcs system + radar cruise.

So today I installed the crawl control + mts. It seems that everything is working perfect altough I didn't try them yet. So it seems that you can also retrofit them to 150 Prado with pcs system + radar cruise.

There was a CL member who retrofitted an '11 460 with PCS & Radar cruise here. A lot of work and not cheap but it can be done.

What a great write up...this is why I love this site. Of all the social media and crap on the internet, this GX section of IH8MUD (and ordering from Amazon...and wine) is helping me cope with Covid.
Anyway, I am hoping to add MTS and Crawl to my 2017 Luxury (with the airbags removed and lifted). Coincidently I am trying to find a good place to mount my switches for fogs and off road lights. So I am wondering, if I install the MTS and Crawl, it looks like it replaces my 4Hi/Lo and DAC switch, but does the unneeded height adjust and sport/comfort switch just go away and a blank go in?
I'm wondering if I can cover the blank area with a wood piece to mount either a ram mount type arm for my ham radio, phone or some switches. Also I am a little confused after reading through the thread and wanted to double check what the part number is for my 2017 for the MTS/Crawl modules (and if I need to do the paperclip method).

View attachment 2602916View attachment 2602926View attachment 2602917
Somebody wired up a voltage meter/gauge into the blank. I can't find the post for the life of me.
If anyone can link that up here, it would be very much appreciated as I would like to wireup some button, gauge or switch there.

Obviously installation costs are in error :)

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 8.03.05 AM.jpg

Hi everyone! Noob GX460 owner here and is very excited about DIY option for CC and MTS.
The couple zero point calibration instructions/vids said that the vehicle needs to be driven for 10 sec over 25mph on flat ground.
This might be a little dumb question, but does the trigger wire still need to be plugged in the ECU for the drive? There's no clarification on that.
Thanks!

No. Remove the wire. Just find a straight stretch and go over 25 MPH. Once the front wheels show back up on steering direction indicator in gauge cluster you are good.

I've been wanting to do this mod for a while and finally got my hands on a Driving Support Switch Controller. MTS added and zero-point calibration all done with ease thanks to the great writeup and resources here. So now it's on the Crawl Control, but the right OEM switches are pretty scarce here so I've gone down the under $20 route.

A couple of goals for me are:
1. to take on a stock appearance wherever possible, a challenge without OEM switches and
2. not to drill any holes, which means using the existing switch holders.

After a trip to the local electronic supplies for a couple of rocker switches and an hour of 3d design and I've created a solution which meets my goals and perhaps others' too. It's a 3D printed switch holder that replaces the stock blanking panel next to the 4WD selector. It accommodates two rocker switches, in my case a momentary rocker for speed selection and a standard on-off for crawl activation.

I've yet wire with switches in up because I first wanted to get the switch holder design right. Besides I've run out of black material for the 3D printer and I'm not real keen on the orange colour of the prototype. The dry-fit worked out well, can't wait to print it in black.

20210606_181801.jpg

20210606_181814 (2).jpg

20210606_181828.jpg

20210606_182242 (2).jpg

20210606_182610.jpg

I've been wanting to do this mod for a while and finally got my hands on a Driving Support Switch Controller. MTS added and zero-point calibration all done with ease thanks to the great writeup and resources here. So now it's on the Crawl Control, but the right OEM switches are pretty scarce here so I've gone down the under $20 route.

A couple of goals for me are:
1. to take on a stock appearance wherever possible, a challenge without OEM switches and
2. not to drill any holes, which means using the existing switch holders.

After a trip to the local electronic supplies for a couple of rocker switches and an hour of 3d design and I've created a solution which meets my goals and perhaps others' too. It's a 3D printed switch holder that replaces the stock blanking panel next to the 4WD selector. It accommodates two rocker switches, in my case a momentary rocker for speed selection and a standard on-off for crawl activation.

I've yet wire with switches in up because I first wanted to get the switch holder design right. Besides I've run out of black material for the 3D printer and I'm not real keen on the orange colour of the prototype. The dry-fit worked out well, can't wait to print it in black.

View attachment 2695889

View attachment 2695890

View attachment 2695891

View attachment 2695892

View attachment 2695893
That's came out great! But unfortunately for all us blokes on the other side of the equator, our switches for the Lexus version of Prados are on the center console down by the shift lever and configured differently. Albeit, this is an awesome mod for all your mates down under!
Gotta love 3d printers! Built an FDM printer a couple years ago and just purchased a new 4k resin (Anycubic Photon X) printer for my birthday a couple months ago.
Love being able to design and build my own mod's!

That's came out great! But unfortunately for all us blokes on the other side of the equator, our switches for the Lexus version of Prados are on the center console down by the shift lever and configured differently. Albeit, this is an awesome mod for all your mates down under!
Gotta love 3d printers! Built an FDM printer a couple years ago and just purchased a new 4k resin (Anycubic Photon X) printer for my birthday a couple months ago.
Love being able to design and build my own mod's!
Mate if I could get my hands on a Lexus version of the switch blank I'd be more than happy to sketch up a mod and share the 3D file. It isn't hard to do when you've got the original part in hand to take measurements from.

Agree, 3D printers are great for car mods given the right material is used. Good for making custom brackets etc. I'll be sharing the link to my the 3D file here once I've made a few small tweaks. 👍

Mate if I could get my hands on a Lexus version of the switch blank I'd be more than happy to sketch up a mod and share the 3D file. It isn't hard to do when you've got the original part in hand to take measurements from.

Agree, 3D printers are great for car mods given the right material is used. Good for making custom brackets etc. I'll be sharing the link to my the 3D file here once I've made a few small tweaks. 👍
Rabbit trail a minute, where in Australia are you? My wife and I have done a couple surf trips there. First one was to Fiji, then flying in to Sydney and driving up the coast surfing all along the way over a couple of weeks to Brisbane and then flying home. Loved your country! We almost moved there!

2011 GX 460 -
I am not interested in MTS, but only in installing crawl control. Is it okay to install just crawl control without MTS?

Secondly, if I install crawl control, do I have to do Zero Point Calibration?

Has anyone yet determined if the parts will work on a 2020-21 GX? I would have had to buy the "luxury" model to get the features and I didn't want the rear air suspension, but would like these features.

CL member with a 2020 Luxury without off-road pulled back the wiring on skid control ECU... same terminations as Luxury w/off-road. Strong chance a 20+ Luxury without off-road can be modded with switch.

Post #1122

I am ordering the switch. I have a 2020 luxury non-OR

A closer look at skid control and/or other ECUs is in order for 20+. I'd have to look again what suspect ECU may be needed but seeing what the LX owner here (nwfl4runner) had to do it may be a similar path.

Hello everyone thank you all for all the info
Was thinking to add MTS and CC system to my 2015 prado 3.0D model code is KDJ150L-GKAEYW
it looks like a pretty simple process however, I found out my speedometer (cluster display)
is different also my steering wheel is missing an electronic switch that selects the drive mode.
My question is can it work on my trim line just like that ? or do I need to get more parts like this digital cluster and the switch?
how can I find out if it will work on my prado ?
thanks
IMG_1915.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: r2m
Hello everyone thank you all for all the info
Was thinking to add MTS and CC system to my 2015 prado 3.0D model code is KDJ150L-GKAEYW
it looks like a pretty simple process however, I found out my speedometer (cluster display)
is different also my steering wheel is missing an electronic switch that selects the drive mode.
My question is can it work on my trim line just like that ? or do I need to get more parts like this digital cluster and the switch?
how can I find out if it will work on my prado ?
thanks View attachment 2769922
Good question. I haven't seen anyone with your model/trim try it, so I don't think there's a good answer here. You may have to research how CC and MTS are controlled for the Prado 150 trim that has it? Maybe a different computer and different approach overall.

I don't have links at hand but when I researched this 460 mod 4 or so years ago I spent a lot of time translating Russian Prado pages which lead me to taking the leap this was plausible on the 460.

I'm a little tied up at moment to track down specific posts but might want to look through this CL thread.

OneTriple8 previous in this thread should be a good resource as well. I've learned that while a lot similar on 150 platform between Prado and 460... just as much very different....electrical being one of the major ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom