460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've looked into this potential "090" type crawl switch for 20+ and I suspect this might be a custom switch that was created for Al-Futtaim motors in UAE. I've seen in the past where they have sent out LCs/LX 570s for custom work.

This specific version isn't sold at any other Lexus dealer in the area.
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.22.06 PM.png

They have a pricing/spec sheet here but this appears to be somewhat of a custom creation. Example shows model lacking RAHC/AVS and close up shots appear show 3rd party aftermarket gear including some yellow coils.

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.23.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.23.38 PM.png

Again lots of speculation hear but that top part of switch is of a different design that any other two switch before it.

1.JPG

This solid design is odd considering a standard '20+ DAC switch looks like this. Thinking 3D printed.

2.jpg

I reached out to Partsouq with this info but unless I can come up with a VIN from these example vehicles they can't help me confirm or deny these are custom switches.

I'm very interested in getting CC/MTS working on my 2020 GX460. I mistakenly purchased the parts for the 2019 thinking they would work on a 2020. Then I found this thread and realized that there are significant changes to the 2020. I had the 2019 CC/MTS switch panel but sold it in new condition... The switch 2019 CC switch is a different type than the 2020 switch, plus with the changes outlined in the wiring diagram, I was certain it would not work.

I purchased the 4 switch panel for the 2020 Luxury model with CC/MTS and air/dynamic suspension switches. It's still wrapped up new... I was hoping just the switch was needed, but again, it looks like some additional mods will be required.

I happened to find this 2 switch panel from a 2020 Premium model that was sold overseas in the UAE that is called the GX460 Off Road Edition. It does not have all the additional options that are included in the US version of the GX460 Luxury with Off Road Package.

Hopefully somebody will be able to help find the part number. It also give me a little hope that it will be possible to add CC/MTS to a 2020 Premium.

Here is a link to the YouTube video of the GX460 Premium with Off Road Edition that is sold overseas...

View attachment 2328128

Last edited:
A FB GXOR member passed these pics onto me.

Here is an example of a '20 Luxury w/off-road package. Necessary wiring is there but skid control ECU number is the same PN as other trims.

We still need to see if '20+ Luxury without off-road package has this wiring or if absent like base & premium
1.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

CL member with a 2020 Luxury without off-road pulled back the wiring on skid control ECU... same terminations as Luxury w/off-road. Strong chance a 20+ Luxury without off-road can be modded with switch.

Post #1122

For anyone who is on the fence about which upgrade to start with, I have found that MTS is 100X more useful than Crawl.

I have used both over the last several months on and off road, and finally today in the snow.

The only time I have felt like Crawl was worthwhile was when descending a steep hill with loose rocks and sand. DAC does essentially the same thing as Crawl in a descent, so I'm not convinced I really needed to install the Crawl Control. I'd much rather use MTS (or ATRAC) if ascending to have control over the throttle.

Today in 5" of snow covered ice, the Mud and Sand setting of MTS worked wonders. It did seem to rob power ( while in 4Hi), but made the beast extremely sure footed. I've also used it in 4Lo while doing some moderate rock crawling in Rock mode, and it was pretty impressive.

If I had to choose between the two, MTS is hands down the one I'd choose and put that Crawl money towards sliders.

Crawl is apparently useful for getting unstuck, but I haven't experienced that situation yet. Good insurance I guess and cheaper than a tow or a winch, but I'm not going to take any unnecessary risks just because I have it.

DAC is really just neutered Crawl and only operates the brakes for downhill operations. I like the slower downhill speed of Crawl on an icy hill I have near my cabin. DAC always felt too fast.

Remember there is always "budget" crawl.

p102_19e50a0c88ece24dbbce39eab5eed152c094abc9.jpg

4-png.2385579

Last edited:
Since the wiring is present on 20+ Luxury a CL member with ‘20 Luxury has ordered the switch to see if they can get it to work.

If this works the big change will be that the crawl switch would bring forth Crawl and MTS. No option for one or the other.

If confirmed to work then a 20+ base/Premium owner will need to experiment with custom wiring and switch to skid control ECU

For anyone who is on the fence about which upgrade to start with, I have found that MTS is 100X more useful than Crawl.

I have used both over the last several months on and off road, and finally today in the snow.

The only time I have felt like Crawl was worthwhile was when descending a steep hill with loose rocks and sand. DAC does essentially the same thing as Crawl in a descent, so I'm not convinced I really needed to install the Crawl Control. I'd much rather use MTS (or ATRAC) if ascending to have control over the throttle.

Today in 5" of snow covered ice, the Mud and Sand setting of MTS worked wonders. It did seem to rob power ( while in 4Hi), but made the beast extremely sure footed. I've also used it in 4Lo while doing some moderate rock crawling in Rock mode, and it was pretty impressive.

If I had to choose between the two, MTS is hands down the one I'd choose and put that Crawl money towards sliders.

Crawl is apparently useful for getting unstuck, but I haven't experienced that situation yet. Good insurance I guess and cheaper than a tow or a winch, but I'm not going to take any unnecessary risks just because I have it.
What you describe is exactly what I have expected to be the case. Very happy I added MTS, but not sure I need CC.

Thanks for all the info! Does Anyone have luck with the gxorfiftyoff code? It seems to be dead.

THEOZMAN: Have you looked through this Lexus/Toyota connector manual for the female side?

Hey Acrad, I just ordered some parts for the plug and play harness that I was considering. It would be a T-style harness plugged in between the switch assembly and the OE harness. Hopefully within the next few weeks I can get a prototype done and tested. I only ordered parts to make 5 harnesses so potentially I can sell 4. I will keep this post updated

THEOZMAN: Have you thought about adding in 3 buttons as well for a more plug and plug budget crawl?

Would the T also disconnect the wires that are no longer used for DAC?

THEOZMAN: Have you thought about adding in 3 buttons as well for a more plug and plug budget crawl?

Would the T also disconnect the wires that are no longer used for DAC?

I am looking to add a toggle switch for "up/down" and a push button for the ON/OFF. the toggle switch is to kind of preserve the control style. as for the DAC, I am not sure yet. I would like to intervene as little as possible on the OE harness, but it will be useless once the crawl switches get setup.

Do you know if the MTS upgrade will work on the 2020?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom