3FE Stroker Has Landed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Better put on the shades. :flipoff2:

Motor still in the crate is the correct color. Other pic was stollen from Pirate. Now if I can only get the engine off Dan's dock.

Last edited:
How much $$$? Or is it one'a those if you gotta ask you can't afford it deals? :D

To be honest, I don't know. I haven't seen the final tab. Either way you are right, don't ask. I couldn't afford it, but did it anyway. Go figure. :grinpimp:

BTW, there is a lot of sweet machine work there. It's as purdy inside as outside.

We're talking about a 2F with a 3FE top end, right?

Mark...

Looks nice!

Last edited:
We're talking about a 2F with a 3FE top end, right?
Mark...

Yep.

:eek: Holy smokes, that be one nice looking engine! What are it's specs? These guys build it? http://www.doaracingengines.com/

Yep. I don't have all the specifics in my hands yet. What I do know is:

Minimal boring (.020") to retain wall strength.
Bored throttle body.
Balanced injectors.
Head ported.
Intake and exhaust gasket matched.
Compression 9:1.
Rotation balanced to zero.
Head benched flowed and cam engineered to match.
Built for torque, not rpm.

nice....... sounds like my the plans for my new motor....... just nrrd to come up wih the cash.......

Too cool, 3FE's rule! I guess you're going to have to use a 3FE wiring harness and ECU to get the "E" to work?

Suggestion: use 3/4" conduit C-clamps as hold-offs for the fuel injector wiring loom instead of the stock plastic ones which will eventually melt and allow the loom to contact the EGR tube rail. The hold-offs are fore and aft on the top of the fuel rail.

Very cool, did they run it on an engine dyno? Do you know what the torque and horse power figures are?

Yep.

Yep. I don't have all the specifics in my hands yet. What I do know is:

Minimal boring (.020") to retain wall strength.
Bored throttle body.
Balanced injectors.
Head ported.
Intake and exhaust gasket matched.
Compression 9:1.
Rotation balanced to zero.
Head benched flowed and cam engineered to match.
Built for torque, not rpm.

Not meant to be a put down at all, just to let folks know that they can and should do this to any 2FE motor they build. It's all pretty basic stuff.

FWIW, you can bore the pee outa a 2F block with no concerns about wal thickness. If you cared to get cutsom pistons made you could push it well beyond what is considered normal. How does .120 sound. ;)

Nominal compresion of a 2FE that is .020 over is going to be 9.0:! right off the bat.

Opening the throttle body up some is a good move. Larger flow injectors might be a good thing to look into. I'd expect that to be the limiting factor now.

Balancing is always a good thing and should be done top any motor.

I'd expect the camshaft to be in the same range as the more popular carbed 2F cams... about 260+ advertised duration with about 440+ valve lift. (Choices are fairly limited.) :(

This motor will have a good strong lowrange that builds to a very strong midrange and keeps pulling to 5 grand and want to keep going. Probably peak torque at abot 25oo and peak horespower at about 4500. Assuming that they put the most effective cam in it. Broad and flat powerband.

I would expect that you will be very happy with it. IMHO the induction system is the limiting factor for a warmed over 2F. And the shorter rod length is the only thing that the 3FE has going against it. A well built 2FE is about the best you can do with that family of engines.

I currently have two 2FEs on the bench/in crates that I am getting ready to buid soon, and a 3FE that I have to decide whether to leave as a 3FE or turn into a 2FE.

Mark...

Too cool, 3FE's rule! I guess you're going to have to use a 3FE wiring harness and ECU to get the "E" to work?

Suggestion: use 3/4" conduit C-clamps as hold-offs for the fuel injector wiring loom instead of the stock plastic ones which will eventually melt and allow the loom to contact the EGR tube rail. The hold-offs are fore and aft on the top of the fuel rail.

This is going into a 1969. No EGR or AI planned. Yes, it will run the 3FE harness and ECU.

Very cool, did they run it on an engine dyno? Do you know what the torque and horse power figures are?

Tim didn't have every thing he needed to make the motor run. The dyno pulls will happen after the motor is broken in.

Larger flow injectors might be a good thing to look into. I'd expect that to be the limiting factor now.

The injectors flow about 7% more than stock. I don't have the flow sheet yet, but that's what I recall.

The injectors flow about 7% more than stock. I don't have the flow sheet yet, but that's what I recall.

Are the injectors stock units that have been reworked or are they new injectors? If they were re-worked do you know who did the work? If they are new do you know where they came from?

WOW!!!!

and i thought i had a built 2f motor..................

"you sure do have a purdy motor" :hillbilly:

i just have to add to the WOW comments, that is beautiful, let us know how it runs when you get it in.

That is gorgeous!!!

I went .20 over when I rebuilt my 82 2F and am now running a DUI dist. and GM fuel injection... I wish I had the time to do it over and have it balanced, cammed and maybe shave the head. Other than that - it still flat out runs, except for the damn computer not being able to keep up with low rpm shifts on the SM420 between 2nd and 3rd...

I want to see the numbers on that thing when you get it running :D .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom