35's or Bigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rrv333

SILVER Star
Threads
What are the thoughts on those of you running 35's or larger tires. Do you reinforce where the swing arm connects to the body or what is the secret. I'm about to run 35's on 17" inch rims and I'm concerned that all of that weight will eventually yank the swing arm away from the body. Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of any swing arms on a 40. What do you mean by swing arm?

Spare tire mount?

Ah, yes. That makes sense. I run 37's and don't have a stock tire carrier, so I didn't even think about it.:doh:

Bad terminology on my part. Yes, the spare tire mount.

You can run 35s on a stock carrier without reinforcements as there should be plates strengthening inside the tub.

15FE486B-EB81-422C-AF1B-92AC28CEE398.jpeg
937A0C4D-06F3-4028-A750-3BA466737B50.jpeg

Personally I’d run a bumper with a swingout. The 35 will slowly wreck the welds on the stock carriers.

6D75BDAB-81EA-4CCD-96F0-DE104F324C9E.jpeg

Thanks, HogGuy. I need a bumper with a swing out but didn't want to drop all that $$$ at one time but on the bright side, it gives me leverage when I talk to :princess: about it:)

I tend to be on rough roads and wouldn't trust the constant torquing from vibrations on the oem mount. 35s have noticeably more weight than >33s. Maybe strap it to the roll bar until you have a stout solution? I ended up with a 4x4labs rear bumper. It offers nice tail light protection and modular attachments.

IMG_2646.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom