IFS Hub swap for bigger brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes they are. You can get them from the dealer or Cruiser Outfitters, and any other vender here on MUD.
Can you post pics of yours?

Go to my Rebuild Trusty page and I have put all my photos on there. To he honest I am not sure what the seal plate is.

Go to my Rebuild Trusty page and I have put all my photos on there. To he honest I am not sure what the seal plate is.
It’s where the ifs hub meets the spindle

IMG_3940.jpeg

that gasket should be there and if you got a hub rebuild kit it should be in there one for each side. Or go to the dealer and get them. I also put gasket sealer on mine.

that gasket should be there and if you got a hub rebuild kit it should be in there one for each side. Or go to the dealer and get them. I also put gasket sealer on mine.
Yes. I have them, but I’ve see pics of with and without them installed.
That’s what I’m asking here…
I would suggest using the ARP hub studs from FROR Also the knuckle studs . As far as the wheel studs Agree with Cruisermatt The ones from FROR are just longer not necessarily stronger ( i belive they are from dorman )
I emailed them and they said they don’t carry ARP anymore..

A few more photos of right side mocked up for fitment. Everything is looking good so far.
Cruisermatt was right about fror’s spindle bolts and washers. The washers came apart when I torqued them to 34 ft lbs.

IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3956.jpeg

I would say the outer hub seal is optional. Most of the Toyota rear FF axles don’t have a secondary hub seal.

Are you able to spin the hub ? I could not use the hub seal on mine . It looks like you have it over the step of the hub ?

Are you able to spin the hub ? I could not use the hub seal on mine . It looks like you have it over the step of the hub ?
Yes. It spins no problem. The hub slides right into the seal perfectly.

Yes. It spins no problem. The hub slides right into the seal perfectly.
The fror lock washers took a major s*** today. I don’t think I’m gonna use their spindle or caliper bolts. Which bolts did you use?

The fror lock washers took a major s*** today. I don’t think I’m gonna use their spindle or caliper bolts. Which bolts did you use?
I have all ARP bolts Knuckle / Hub. and on my spindle i have the one from Low Range / Trail gear that does not use the washer that you have to bend over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom