Upholstery - SOR or Upholstery shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering which is the best way to go? Doing the 60/40 front bench and 2 long style jump seats on my 1970 40. Spector kits look nice, but a bit pricey. I need foam and covers. Upholstery shops are all over the board. Looking for something in that coral/camel color range. Which way did you go? Any regrets? If you went custom, what kind of material? Thanks for the input! Great community here!

I used a local shop my 1st go round years ago. Headed back local for the latest endeavor only because I’m changing colors. Used/using Marine grade vinyl. Color options/choices are my screening criteria. No regrets.

I have heavy brown denim to do my jump seats - which aren't in bad shape other than the retainer strap sun rotted off. I want to do closed cell foam to get some actual padding. For the front I have 2 tanned elk hides, hair off or I could do hair on. I might consider buying the fitted padding for the front.

Not a vinyl person - it makes me sweat. I have never taken off my top.

I bit the bullet and got the full kit from SOR. Black/gray vinyl and foam for my '69. The shipping was ridiculous, but the kit fit well and turned out great for a do it myself job. I posted pics in another thread. Search and I bet you'll find multiple threads that cover this. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom