IFS Hub swap for bigger brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What rotors are you using?
On what vehicle? I’ve done about 10 of these setups so far.
I’ve used both the 00-06 tundra rotor/caliper setup and the 2010-2020 4runner rotor caliper setup (~1” larger rotor then the Tundra).

On what vehicle? I’ve done about 10 of these setups so far.
I’ve used both the 00-06 tundra rotor/caliper setup and the 2010-2020 4runner rotor caliper setup (~1” larger rotor then the Tundra).
My question is pertaining to the wheel studs.
I’m using 4Runner hubs and 2006 Tundra calipers.
Why did you go with Matrix studs?
Are the 4Runner hub studs too short?
How much longer are the Matrix studs?

I like that the Matrix stud has an extended shoulder.

Here is the part number I am using for the Matrix stud, 2nd pic is how it looks in the hub (still need to press it the rest of the way in but it should be clear how much shoulder sticks out), the shoulder doesn’t come past the rotor mounting face.
Pictured rotor is 43512-0C011 (00-06 Tundra

Would be happy to sell anyone any of these parts if you’d like :)

0F076828-8688-4E43-B67C-B25CA1B6CC83.jpeg

F007ABFC-9BE0-451C-8343-01AACE36974D.jpeg

A56A8EC2-4B4E-41FF-B426-9A2DE9F90304.jpeg

I would suggest using the ARP hub studs from FROR Also the knuckle studs . As far as the wheel studs Agree with Cruisermatt The ones from FROR are just longer not necessarily stronger ( i belive they are from dorman )

I would suggest using the ARP hub studs from FROR Also the knuckle studs . As far as the wheel studs Agree with Cruisermatt The ones from FROR are just longer not necessarily stronger ( i belive they are from dorman )
Thanks
Which studs you running?

Here is the part number I am using for the Matrix stud, 2nd pic is how it looks in the hub (still need to press it the rest of the way in but it should be clear how much shoulder sticks out), the shoulder doesn’t come past the rotor mounting face.

View attachment 3442231

View attachment 3442232

View attachment 3442233
Are the Matrix studs as strong as the truck studs or are they all same DOT standard?

Are the Matrix studs as strong as the truck studs or are they all same DOT standard?

View attachment 3442231

View attachment 3442232

View attachment 3442233Will the OEM spindle bolts work? The FROR bolts are about 1/2” longer.

Wheel studs. do not know if they are in a truck or a car or even if they are laying on the garage floor

They are the same M12 x 1.5 size as a regular Land Cruiser stud and will be just fine for you.
I have put way more load through wheel studs with my truck then 99.99% of Cruiser owners ever will.

They are the same M12 x 1.5 size as a regular Land Cruiser stud and will be just fine for you.
I have put way more load through wheel studs with my truck then 99.99% of Cruiser owners ever
What is the benefit with the longer studs?
Will the 4Runner IFS studs work?
M12x1.5 is what I used
where did you get yours?

Last edited:
The big brake kit I got came with them but bought some for the rear hubs so that I could run alloy rims. SCS rims told me what to buy and they like Gorilla lug nuts.

Progress pic as of last night. I had to grind down my FJ40 axle ball area to fit birfields in my new FJ60 knuckles..

hub photo 10-5-23.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom