34s vs 35s on the 200 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wouldn't 1.25" wheel spacers combined with +60mm offset factory wheels be nearly the same offset as +25mm aftermarket wheels?

Something to keep in mind is the Icons are a half inch wider than stock wheels (8" vs 8.5") which I believe is in the same range overall as the Bora 0.75" spacer with stock wheels. I've tried many different permutations looking for the Goldilocks combo including: stock 08 LX wheels, stock 08 LC wheels, stock 13 wheels, stock 14 wheels, stock 16 wheels, Rock Warriors, Icon Vector 5, and Method 309 wheels. On the stock wheels I've run no spacer, 0.75" Bora spacers, and 1.25" Spidertax spacers. For tires on the 200, I've run 275/70/18 Duratracs, 35x12.50 Toyo AT2s (tried KDSS relocation brackets on these - still didn't like it), 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers, 275/65/20 KO2, 285/60/18 KO2s, 285/70/18 Ridge Grapplers, 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers, 285/65/18 Cooper AT3s, stock size Dunlops, Blizzaks, Michelin, and Nexen tires (came with the Lexus).

After all that research/fun, my recommendation for the biggest tire with the least hassle on the 200 series Land Cruiser if you want the biggest tire with the least hassle a 34"x11.50" tire like a 285/75/17 or 285/70/18 Ridge Grappler on a stock wheel with a 0.75" hubcentric spacer like the Bora or an Icon 25mm offset wheel is ideal. I don't claim to be an expert, but I have experimented a lot and this formula has worked perfectly for me. The alignment is key as well, and a good off road shop like Slee is strongly recommended.

One quick side note: On the LX, there is a bit more room to play with since there is no KDSS, and I ran the 34" KO2s totally 100% stock - no spacers, no alignment, no AHC tricks. The only thing required was removing the front mud flaps.

Last edited:
I was looking at the 305/70r17 is 1" wider that the 285/75r17 which both are 34 tall . I have a new set of RW and Spyder 1.25 spacers , front bumper is the TJM T13 should not be a problem with front rubbing .
I have Bp-51 lift , just have to worry about the KDDS arm rub .

I was looking at the 305/70r17 is 1" wider that the 285/75r17 which both are 34 tall . I have a new set of RW and Spyder 1.25 spacers , front bumper is the TJM T13 should not be a problem with front rubbing .
I have Bp-51 lift , just have to worry about the KDDS arm rub .
I’m going to get a 305/70r17 after my 285/75 burnout. I originally had 35x12.50r18 and it did run the KDSS arm. A 1/2” inside less width would have been just about perfect.

I’m going to get a 305/70r17 after my 285/75 burnout. I originally had 35x12.50r18 and it did run the KDSS arm. A 1/2” inside less width would have been just about perfect.
What tire wheel combination were you running with the 35”s ? Any wheel spacers ?

What tire wheel combination were you running with the 35”s ? Any wheel spacers ?
18” Method race wheels +18 offset. No spacers and a body chop. They worked and it looked pretty great, but it rubbed at full reverse lock and would have been better to rear gear.

FYI

I installed the Bora 3/4" Spacers today and now the 34" tires fits and clears the KDSS. Looks like about 1/2" clearance.
With the OEM stock wheels the spacers studs fit, no need to grind or trim.

I did need to take a heat gun and bend the front mud flaps a little to clear.
The rear fit and cleared.

This is with a BP51 lift.
It looks like Bora offers the spacers in aluminum, or steel, which ones did you go with? Looks great by the way. New tires are imminent and I would really like to try the 34's. Any idea if a lift is required to fit?

It looks like Bora offers the spacers in aluminum, or steel, which ones did you go with? Looks great by the way. New tires are imminent and I would really like to try the 34's. Any idea if a lift is required to fit?

I ordered these ones:
Toyota Land Cruiser (2008-2020) Spacers, 5x150 Bolt Pattern, 110 Hub. Aluminum, BORA Black, Thickness=.75in (19.05mm)

I'm not sure if the lift is needed for the 34's , best to ask @mcgaskins ?

Short answer no.

Lift is really an independent decision. On an IFS, it doesn't change the extents of suspension travel, just the neutral point. The tire needs to fit throughout the suspension stroke if you're goal is to wheel with larger tires. So while some lift may sidestep rub, it's really better to have a fitment that clears throughout and at all steering angles.

I ordered these ones:
Toyota Land Cruiser (2008-2020) Spacers, 5x150 Bolt Pattern, 110 Hub. Aluminum, BORA Black, Thickness=.75in (19.05mm)

I'm not sure if the lift is needed for the 34's , best to ask @mcgaskins ?
It's not required to fit (go dig up my "34's on stock setup" thread), but you definitely end up a lot closer to the fenders and IMO you risk damage to them if you made an evasive maneuver on the highway.

Edit: @TeCKis300 point is correct, the lift doesn't eliminate the possibility of contact, however by changing the starting point it's highly unlikely that you'll make contact whereas without it I think you could.

I’m debating on 295/70r17 which is a 33.31 x 11.75 with the spider trax on RW wheels . I’m using a fixed UCA compared to the SPC I have both but once you see the TC stuff no question , I got A set of SPC with a lift I bought they were free I can re coupe some $$$$
I can’t adjust the UCA forward , running a TJM T13 front is not a concern for me .
I also considered the RG 285/75r17 which is a 33.8 , I’m running BP-51 with TC UCA , any one running 285/75r17 with RW and spacers fixed UCA .
I don’t want to have to do too much to the rear of the wheel well .

1FFACD04-5E7A-4DCA-A2B0-CCE23DA66810.jpeg

You can shave another 5mm width with 275/80r18 (34.3"). Only comes in one tire though, Goodyear MTR. Not sure on fitment for TLC, I know it'll go into a LX, but we don't have KDSS. There is also the Kendra RT hybrid, which has a 35x10.5" size, though I think reports say it runs wider than spec. It's mid 34" height.

Well, the BP-51's with 2721 rear springs have been ordered. Everything seems to be back ordered at this point from ARB, so waiting to see when they'll arrive. Also ordered the ARB skid plates.
Pretty exciting day...finally received all the parts for the lift (only took 4 months!) and now it's all installed. I'm extremely happy with the on-road feel so far and can't wait to take it out on a trail. Significantly better ride than stock!

tempImage3Y5I5W.png

tempImageXoMvLg.png

tempImageiEIRc1.png

IMG_0755.jpeg

Last edited:
What measurements do you have from center hub to fender? I’m curious about 2721 springs since ARB lists them as 0” but they seem to give proper lift for stock LCs (no bumpers, no drawers etc)

2721 will give 3/4 to 1 inch of lift without additional weight being added. They are progressive and ride extremely well.

What measurements do you have from center hub to fender? I’m curious about 2721 springs since ARB lists them as 0” but they seem to give proper lift for stock LCs (no bumpers, no drawers etc)

It’s about 23.5 inches

Most don’t realize how big 35’s are and heavy , I got tired .. HAHA … waiting on parts for my 200 build I had 35x12.5 r17 could not get all my bumpers and suspension . I had purchased my nitto ridge grappler 35’s they are pretty big tires just sucks how close tolerances unless you go Tundra swap .
I fell into a 2021 Jeep JLU rubicon diesel in May just before whole vehicle shortage and chip problem … I put the 35’s right on the Jeep no lift , did wheels and sensors .
I know the Jeep is not toyota quality in ways better and worst , the best thing the Jeep adapted to the TPMS with no reprogramming like the LC requires .
So now I will have to get another set of tires for the 200 and not sure if I will do 35“s I may just go 34”s and keep it simple .

I read your opening statement and a couple comments and I just want to say amen

When things start having to be a major change for 1/2” ground clearance you need to step back and evaluate

Great post. I hope you save some people some headaches. That’s what Mud is for.

I don’t have the measurements from before the lift though.
Here we are after the BP-51 lift with 2721 rear spring and swapped out to some 18 inch TRD pro wheels, Spidertrax 1.25 spacers with Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70/18's.
tempImageMbfLsq.jpg

With stock wheels.
tempImagev9P3jX.jpg

Before lift w/Spidertrax 1.25 spacers and Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70/18's

tempImageswMXxR.jpg

Stock:
tempImagezDvp86.jpg

I don’t have the measurements from before the lift though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom