2F intake/exhaust on a 1F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 7/70 FJ40 that I'm trying to get back to as close to stock as possible. I can get a later 3 piece intake/exhaust that I want to put on my motor. I've seen a few opinions and couldn't come to a clear yes or no. Will the setup below bolt on? Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 1.09.45 PM.jpeg

Aren't the 2 outermost bolts missing on the F engines? The ones on the ear of the exhaust manifold.

The lack of a full compliment of mounting studs can be overcome, but there is actually a more critical issue. The 2F manifold stands an extra inch off of the engine block, increasing the odds that the carburetor will end up in the same airspace as the brake master cylinder.

The lack of a full compliment of mounting studs can be overcome, but there is actually a more critical issue. The 2F manifold stands an extra inch off of the engine block, increasing the odds that the carburetor will end up in the same airspace as the brake master cylinder.
Since the engine doesn’t shift left or right in engine bay and the ~76-78 dual diaphragm booster with twin fluid reservoirs occupies the same space with 2F, I don’t see how depth of manifold would affect? Especially since carbs only grew in size after adding EGR port.

Nate, the OP stated that his truck is a 7/70, which is right on the cusp where it could be a non-booster firewall. Hence the source of my comment. It is generally known that the non-booster firewalls place the brakes closer to the center, where that one inch becomes critical. I have posted about this a few times over the last 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom