Do all years stock 2F intakes accept all years 2F carbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I found this at AutoZone
IMG_20231216_115046518_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231216_114955977_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231216_115911099_HDR.jpg

I tested it out in the store so I wouldn't waste the money. And taking of the air cleaner housing clamp it fit perfectly

Current state of my intake. Doesn't leak but that weld bead looks really. After rebuilding an engine I would hope to have "relatively" unrestricted air flow.... Yes I understand these are tractor motors and not hot rods but still...

View attachment 3494201

View attachment 3494202

View attachment 3494203

View attachment 3494204
In case if you cannot locate an intake, have it reworked. I noticed the cracked portion on the inside. It's something that a welding or machine shop can easily do. They probably could not reach the edges to repair the crack ends from the inside. But it can be drilled from the backside reworked. And be cleaned the inside with carbide burr bit to smooth out the inside weld bead. Bolt the intake and manifold together and run a straight edge to see how bad the gaps are. May need resurfacing.

I have in past have resurfaced them together since they are usually wrarpped Since aluminum and cast iron cool down at different times and the length does not help. Something to think about, anyhow.

In case if you cannot locate an intake, have it reworked. I noticed the cracked portion on the inside. It's something that a welding or machine shop can easily do. They probably could not reach the edges to repair the crack ends from the inside. But it can be drilled from the backside reworked. And be cleaned the inside with carbide burr bit to smooth out the inside weld bead. Bolt the intake and manifold together and run a straight edge to see how bad the gaps are. May need resurfacing.

I have in past have resurfaced them together since they are usually wrarpped Since aluminum and cast iron cool down at different times and the length does not help. Something to think about, anyhow.

Thanks! I ended up sourcing one that was in better shape than mine. I will have them resurfaced together as you reccomended!

You da man! You'll have to take a picture of the final when you get it hooked up. You're much closer than I am with my project. Keep up the good work!
I have had to commandeer my daughters car until it is fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom