2f engine what is this part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I looked again at the photos and there is a splice in the hose there so yes, put the T-fitting there. Simplest fix in my mind.
Thank you so much for your advice. Very much appreciate it. Regards from the Netherlands. Cheers Julian

P positive C crankcase V ventilation. Ideally the hose from the side cover attaches past the carburetor at the base of the carburetor or intake manifold. Then a hose off the valve cover to the air cleaner after the filter but before the carburetor. Idea is the side cover sees a bigger vacuum that the hose to the valve cover. So any blowby that get past the rings and into the crankcase are sucked out in the flow and back into the intake manifold. The early FJ25 had tube off the oil fill called a draft tube. Then a couple of slits in the valve cover. The PCV besides working better it also lowers emissions that would go into the atmosphere. Heard that on early engines blowby could be bad enough to cause an explosion in the crankcase with very worn rings. Probably why early engines had the draft tube to begin with.

Instead of a Tee I would install a filter on the hole in the valve cover. Then a hose from the PCV (which is really just a check valve to prevent a opposite flow) to the intake manifold. I see a possible port with a bolt in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom