2f engine what is this part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I have 2F. I need to know what is this part in the image. It leaks some gung, but that's it.
Screenshot_20230729-194532.png

Do I need to do anything or leave it as it is
Normally that has a hose connected to the air intake, to recirculate gases into the engine.

Attachments

• PCV 2F Emission Manual.pdf
    85.1 KB · Views: 70
What year are you working with as different years have different configurations.

Good point; what I posted is from the 1981 factory emissions manual.

Mine is 1983.

Then the 1981 emissions manual pages I posted are the right ones for a U.S.A.-spec 2F; yours may be different. On mine, there is a hose that goes from the PCV valve, around the back of the air cleaner, that connects to a metal tube on the driver's side of the engine. This metal tube bolts on to a fitting on the intake manifold.

Photos of mine:

IMG_2571[1].JPG
IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

Nice paper clip Lee.😛

:grinpimp: My accelerator pump has not worked for a long time; I did the paper clip test way back when, and never took it off. I'm used to it running that way. Some day I will rebuild it - pretty sure I have the parts packed away in the shop somewhere. 🤷‍♂️

Then the 1981 emissions manual pages I posted are the right ones for a U.S.A.-spec 2F; yours may be different. On mine, there is a hose that goes from the PCV valve, around the back of the air cleaner, that connects to a metal tube on the driver's side of the engine. This metal tube bolts on to a fitting on the intake manifold.

Photos of mine:

View attachment 3386678View attachment 3386691

View attachment 3386683
Hi Lee, ok that makes sense, I will send some photos of it for you., Cheers Julian

Since you don't have the stock carb or air cleaner, I would put a T-fitting in the line going from the back of your valve cover and the bottom of the air cleaner. Then run a hose up from the PCV valve to the T-fitting.

Since you don't have the stock carb or air cleaner, I would put a T-fitting in the line going from the back of your valve cover and the bottom of the air cleaner. Then run a hose up from the PCV valve to the T-fitting.
Screenshot_20230730-170037.png

You mean put a T-junction on this hose.

Yes, I thought there was already a splice fitting here, I didn't realize it was a tie.

T Fitting.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom