2F cop Motor from Mosley Motors or Cummins 2.8 Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would do a basic rebuild of the 2f and put a supercharger or turbo on. Forced induction will give more power than all motor.
lol I don't think there are too many examples of either of those options.

A lot of guys install superchargers on AMC 258 motors. Similar size as a 2f and the buick superchargers they use are inexpensive. Should work on a 2f as well, especially with sniper.
Yes, I have seen the discussions. I'm not saying it's impossible. However, the Mosley upgraded 2F is tried and proven in comparison. I certainly wouldn't want to be serial number 1 (or maybe 2). Seems like if it was easy and reliable there would be lots of threads documenting that conversion.

Yes, I have seen the discussions. I'm not saying it's impossible. However, the Mosley upgraded 2F is tried and proven in comparison. I certainly wouldn't want to be serial number 1 (or maybe 2). Seems like if it was easy and reliable there would be lots of threads documenting that conversion.
It would require some custom fabrication. Several people have put a turbo on a 2f with success on this forum. Mace has had one on his fj40 for a very long time.

I'd rebuild the mighty 2F, put a carb back on it, and drive it for another 30 years.

Mosley all the way.

Not even a question vs a s***box Cummins…

8D036F10-033C-4FC4-A5CE-3D2B4FEBC692.jpeg
77E1A705-A3EA-48DC-9416-6FF683FEF0F7.jpeg

What makes the Cummins a s***box?

Up until my current pickup, everything Onan or Cummins I've owned has exceeded expectations.
The r2.8 is made in China, so that's not cool.
Based on the isf2.8, so even though it's a newish motor here, they do have some history.
There are a bunch of them in Australia, and the most legitimate gripe I've read is that supposedly the oil pumps are known to quit around 70 or 100,000 miles and smoke the whole motor. I don't know if that's all of them, or a majority of them, or if it's like 5 out of 10,000 and just overblown.
I just bought an isf2.8 oil pump for the garage shelf and figure I'll replace it at 50,000 miles to be safe. Hopefully I got the right part 🤞.
That will be a few years, so the world will probably know more about them by then.

If he meant all Cummins in general are s***boxes, then LOL.

Some Cummins 2.8 talk here:

Of note, Torfab stopped doing these swaps.

It says on the website that Mosley motors is not building the 2f motors. It's on the bottom of the website.

He’s in catch-up mode right now on the motors. Pretty big backlog.

This one is coming back with me next week

690EB158-252A-4289-9BB2-C3B7D1CFF0B0.jpeg

It says on the website that Mosley motors is not building the 2f motors. It's on the bottom of the website.
I saw that too. I just want to get on a wait list for the wait list:). I bought my current sniper setup from him and was more than happy with the product and his willingness to answer some of my dumb questions during and after installation.

It took about 7 months. I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't bother me.

Wow, I would think a low mileage engine from a FJ60 would still be something you could find. Add the sniper and call it good.

How much performance do you need in a FJ40?

Wow, I would think a low mileage engine from a FJ60 would still be something you could find. Add the sniper and call it good.

How much performance do you need in a FJ40?

I have a stock 2F in my 45 with sniper and 3.70s and it moves out nicely

7 months is nothing when you r building a cruiser... I literally just finished tuning an f engine in my 45 20 minutes ago!!It ran well, but I knew something was off, these engines r a sewing machine when they are in “in tune”. It just didnt idle as smooth as it should. Two!!! Plugs were fouled!!! And it still ran pretty darn good. Quick beadblast of the plugs, and we have a singer sewing machine!!! Regarding all the cummins nonsense, I like to hear myself think🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom