2021 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How so? Why would you think you would find info on putting a cooler box into a Tundra on a thread titled 2021 LC200?
I wasn’t searching for that question but it just happened to be in this thread! But for real can you stop trolling please. That’d be great.

Looks like there are some changes being reported in media,

"2021 is that the Heritage Edition now gets the option of a third row of seats and two new exterior colors: Classic Silver Metallic and Magnetic Gray Metallic join Midnight Black Metallic and Blizzard Pearl"

"Prices for the Land Cruiser and the Heritage Edition go up by $100 for 2021. The standard Land Cruiser now rings in at $86,84o, while the Heritage Edition wears an $89,170 price tag. Expect to pay a little more to add a third-row to the latter trim."

Looks like there are some changes being reported in media,

"2021 is that the Heritage Edition now gets the option of a third row of seats and two new exterior colors: Classic Silver Metallic and Magnetic Gray Metallic join Midnight Black Metallic and Blizzard Pearl"

"Prices for the Land Cruiser and the Heritage Edition go up by $100 for 2021. The standard Land Cruiser now rings in at $86,84o, while the Heritage Edition wears an $89,170 price tag. Expect to pay a little more to add a third-row to the latter trim."

So a Heritage Edition with a third row is just a regular edition, minus the coolbox, minus the easily removed side steps, plus the expensive wheels, plus a couple badges, and several thousand more $. Not for me.

So a Heritage Edition with a third row is just a regular edition, minus the coolbox, minus the easily removed side steps, plus the expensive wheels, plus a couple badges, and several thousand more $. Not for me.
The rims and smoked headlights along with grille cover that extra cost.. plus you get the roof basket man!

Don’t forget that awesome roof basket

The rims and smoked headlights along with grille cover that extra cost.. plus you get the roof basket man!
That roof basket is ugly, noisy, and makes it harder to get into a parking garage. First thing I would take off. Smoked headlights? Meh. I wouldn’t pay for them. The wheels are lighter, which is a good thing, but not worth the extra cost to me.

I’m thinking one day the Heritage Editions will be sought after much like the 40th anniversary 80-series is. Not double the asking price or anything, but “special” even if it wasn’t a transformative difference. This may end up especially true if the 300 has as much change as is rumored.

Though I guess a lot of them are being bought and modified, taking off a few of the special hits.

Personally I’d use the hell out of the real center console storage.

We went back and forth on this feature and decided we just couldn’t give that space up. I’m sure the cool box is, well, cool and all but we utilize our center console so much in our daily driver we couldn’t dream of slashing that space. The fact that we exclusively drink from those camelbak straw bottle things helps.

I’m thinking one day the Heritage Editions will be sought after much like the 40th anniversary 80-series is. Not double the asking price or anything, but “special” even if it wasn’t a transformative difference. This may end up especially true if the 300 has as much change as is rumored.

Though I guess a lot of them are being bought and modified, taking off a few of the special hits.

Personally I’d use the hell out of the real cent

thanks good advice

We went back and forth on this feature and decided we just couldn’t give that space up. I’m sure the cool box is, well, cool and all but we utilize our center console so much in our daily driver we couldn’t dream of slashing that space. The fact that we exclusively drink from those camelbak straw bottle things helps.
Yeah, I’m nowhere near being able to afford a new HE, and only have the option of the cool box. I’d say it gets turned on a total of three weeks per year. Any long road days it gets used.. but other than that it stays off taking up space. I do have one of those little organizers that helps a lot, but it’s maybe about a quart of useful storage.
Part of my reasoning for not just leaving it on is a few users reporting failure of the fan inside, and it being a whole lot of work to get in there and change it.
So along with the extra console storage you also get more reliability and simplicity

I like the cool box, particularly on long road trips.

I like the cool box, particularly on long road trips.
I do too, but only on long trips.. and sadly I don't have enough of those to consider it worth the space it takes up.

I use my cool box all the time for storage of electronics and comms equipment. That stuff comes out when I’m on a trip so I can use it which leaves the cool box open for drinks. I guess it could be slightly bigger if it didn’t have the insulated walls but I don’t understand the problem. It’s still usable for storage when it’s not cooling.

I use my cool box all the time for storage of electronics and comms equipment. That stuff comes out when I’m on a trip so I can use it which leaves the cool box open for drinks. I guess it could be slightly bigger if it didn’t have the insulated walls but I don’t understand the problem. It’s still usable for storage when it’s not cooling.

This. It’s not small either. How much bigger is the non-cool box arm rest?

Reactions: CT3
This. It’s not small either. How much bigger is the non-cool box arm rest?
When we were trying to solve this dilemma we couldn’t fine one model to even look at, let alone two to compare, so we scoured the web for review videos. We found several that showed the two console with good detail. From what it looked like to us the depth is similar but width and length is substantially smaller on the cool box and there isn’t a shelf above it (this is easily remedied by Amazon). I’d say 50% larger, possibly more.

found the below image on FB, the red outline would be the length and width without the cool box.
7B1F0A04-C7AF-45BE-891C-514670B101C9.jpeg

Last edited:

I agree with this. I'm bias because I have one though. And I, disappointed to hear that they're going to continue the Heritage edition in 2021. I wonder if they'll limit the numbers to 1200 again. I love the scarcity of the HE's. I know the HE is essentially less options for more money but the value, and to some extent, the possible investment, is still there. I think if the 300 has the hybrid/v6/turbo/flux capacitor/etc drivetrain, then the 200's will be more sought after. Making the HE's even more sought after. For me, I only plan on limited mods to my HE. Ive done the same with my rare Jeep and its paid off in terms of possible resale value.

Hey all, I will do a member intro once I receive my 2021 HE sometime in October. In the meantime, my selling dealer sent me the specs sheet and it mentions apple car play. Personally, I could care less about car play or Android whatever but there seem to be a lot of people who are all horny for it around here. Anyone know for sure if the 2021 200's will be getting this bit of spyware?

Screenshot_20200824-161515~2.png

Just buy a Heritage edition. The coolbox uses a branch off the refigerant lines from the AC system and properly removing all of those parts would be incredibly labor intensive, possibly requiring engine/transmission removal.

Toyota puts complete carpet without holes into vehicles without the third row, not just a cap over the holes in the carpet. Plus, no center seatbelt in the headliner, no holes in the interior trim, no brackets on the wheel wells.

But.. I'm not an expert.

Meh... Working on the coolbox is
easy peasy... Looky here for proof: (lol) :rofl:
7B19FCB1-2ED9-433C-898F-876F63112323.jpeg
11985F0C-CA47-4DBA-96C7-7A7D9D7FAEF5.jpeg
90DCF0CD-E0CE-4D09-9C0D-879A62A49FEF.jpeg

419A1A18-40E4-44F0-9E54-F96F0B86ECE3.jpeg

See? No problem!
I would suggest temporarily installing this while you work though, since trips to the bathroom might make you forget where one or all of the 143 parts you remove belong when you try to put it back together... ;)
DD1E5BBF-5E8C-40BC-B3FA-022BE49D6B35.jpeg

In other words... I’m with @bloc on this one. :hillbilly::cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom