2021 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
FYI. 2021 is still LC200. No changes at all to 2020, not even CarPlay. Production begins early August. Sorry folks, don’t shoot the messenger.

Eric, Do you know (nationally) how well are the Heritage editions selling? Is it likely there will be leftover HE models like the unsold 2019s out there?

13-year production run... that's it, folks - we are approaching FJ40 longevity!

I thought fj40 in the USA were from like 1963 to 1983 or something like that. Maybe 1965 was the first year. Would have to jump over to the 40 board and find out.

FYI. 2021 is still LC200. No changes at all to 2020, not even CarPlay. Production begins early August. Sorry folks, don’t shoot the messenger.
That's what I expected. Not what I wanted, but what I expected.

Eric, do you think the 300 is now green lighted and will be shown in August 2020 as the latest rumor mill article suggests? Surely if so, the 300 will be a MY 2022....?

Eric, do you think the 300 is now green lighted and will be shown in August 2020 as the latest rumor mill article suggests? Surely if so, the 300 will be a MY 2022....?

6-months ago it was not green-lit. I haven't heard any updates since. If I were a betting man, we'll see it in 2023. I hate speculating because it's too easy to waste a lot of time thinking about it. This last round of updates in the news did not seem credible, but we'll see.

'
I thought fj40 in the USA were from like 1963 to 1983 or something like that. Maybe 1965 was the first year. Would have to jump over to the 40 board and find out.

The 40 series ran from 60-83 in the U.S.

why y'all so wound up on CarPlay? We have it in my wifes truck and I think it sucks.

I have it in my wife's 2020 truck as well and I think its great. Do you want to compare trucks or wives? ;)
I agree, my wife’s and daughters cars have Apple CarPlay and it’s fantastic! But i can live just fine without it, however it would have been nice to see a simple option in a $80k suv that has a useless voice activated Nav system 🙄

CarPlay does require Siri, in case anyone doesn’t like that feature.

Ha, I’m coming from a UJZ-100 with the screen from 2002. Not my favorite “feature”

there was a thread yesterday showing something from the toyota site showing "CarPlay Compatible" on 2020 - but i dont think that's true... there was also some discussion that they were going to bring a firmware update for back to 2019 - but all rumors.

I think CarPlay / AndroidAuto is all about personal choice about how your interact with your environment - i think the grief here is that a 90k truck should do it when other things in the family like the RAV, Sequoia and Tundra do it.

after all CarPlay is just a video feed with touch response.

why y'all so wound up on CarPlay? We have it in my wifes truck and I think it sucks.

I use Google Maps and Waze every single day to get routed around the worst backups on my ~1 hour each way commute to and from work. Here in MA, the legislature just passed a law that basically makes it illegal to touch your phone (but touching your infotainment screen is still legal).

Apple CarPlay isn't great, but it is much, much better than Entune, and Google Maps and Waze are much, much better than Toyota's nav system.

there was a thread yesterday showing something from the toyota site showing "CarPlay Compatible" on 2020 - but i dont think that's true... there was also some discussion that they were going to bring a firmware update for back to 2019 - but all rumors.

That's for other Toyota vehicles, not the 200. The 200 has an earlier version of Entune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom