2007 LC “VX” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couldn’t take it any longer.
989AA39C-973A-452A-A5FE-DE9D39D24CE9.jpeg

Couldn’t take it any longer.
View attachment 2414137

I stripped mine to this point as well, it's a great feeling to the old carpet out and steam clean it. Also gives you a chance to clean whatever is under the carpet as well.

Reactions: GTV
Did a deep clean. Lint roller cleaned the vast majority off the headliner. Cleaned all panels and metal surfaces with 409.
89726F73-246C-4A06-B6FE-801EDB239EE3.jpeg

Pressure washed then shampooed the carpet and mats, the latter will be replaced before fall with rubber. Febreezed the whole lot.
78DBBA82-AB73-44DF-A863-B7F8A1D7E238.jpeg

Ready to stab the seats back in tomorrow, hopefully this cures it.
01A526E0-DC5C-4ABB-B072-38B81534C36E.jpeg

All screwed back together. Second row was hemorrhaging black dog hair from its insides, I got out as much as I could but I’ll need to pull it apart and give it a proper clean.
8A8AAB69-E5B9-4A08-BE81-667080C329FF.jpeg

629EDBA1-E7F2-42E0-A7DC-86836ADC5336.jpeg

I also pulled the top panel of the center console to tidy it up the cupholder area, wish I hadn’t looked down there. It’s going to need to come out eventually as well. I’ve got company coming tomorrow so I had to stop somewhere. Definitely heaps better than it was but I’ve got a feeling I’m going to be extracting dog hair from this thing for a long time coming.
2E137D42-B2C0-4547-9204-94A2232D871F.jpeg

Been driving this a bit, took it out for a couple day trips over to Sequim and Poulsbo and out to Bridal Veil Falls for a hike last weekend. It’s starting to earn my confidence. Planning on a trip to Crater Lake at the end of the month.
Yesterday my front mud flaps arrived from McGeorge.
32363F3A-E1DD-4DB5-9AE6-0FA86DAF5015.jpeg

To go along with the hardware I sourced from partsouq.
2A16BB0F-241B-464D-9706-C4DAF366A172.jpeg

Once I figured out how the brackets mount to the body installation was easy. Fitment was of course flawless
D089BDE5-8E93-48F8-9171-BBACCA0FCD5F.jpeg

3017EF95-694A-4B2C-8F7D-9A5FC04A5A3B.jpeg

Looking so much better now!
52290430-779B-44AD-8BFB-31381673C7FE.jpeg

The new glovebox arrived along with the mud flaps.
69526ABD-CBB8-414A-906C-4341D5A2A53F.jpeg

There was a fat bundle of aftermarket stereo wires behind the glove box panel. Space is already tight in there and it wasn’t allowing the glovebox to close easily. I unscrewed the top of the ECU(?) and slipped the wires behind it. Things fit a lot easier now. Swapped my handle over and good as new.
20FB2F65-04B3-42FA-A180-C84FA6DBA6B8.jpeg

When I removed the handle from the old box it fell apart.
B587623B-055F-4FC7-A9AB-CB5FD562203A.jpeg

Looks like someone tried to glue this back in place. It was rattling around between the halves and driving me absolutely bonkers.
A0823AA0-3F22-44B5-8DCB-E5ABB5241268.jpeg

Last edited:
As the title says my 100 series is a VX. I have no idea exactly what that means but that’s what Toyota calls it.
7BABEF89-DB8E-4DB9-AD95-187961A6BF45.png

My only guess is that it has something to do with it being a no nav model? Any ideas? Does anyone else get “VX grade“ on Toyota Owners?
Anyway, since my buddy was putting in a partsouq order I had him throw this in for fun.
475A7508-F9AE-4B99-896A-53AD1619B939.jpeg

I’d love to know the exact placement of the emblem, if anyone has a VX could you please take some measurements? Extra points if it’s in metric :)
FED22BF3-4E54-4723-B16D-36101FB843B4.jpeg

I wouldn't tout is too much. The JDM VX comes up as:
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.46.00 PM.png

Australian VX:
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.48.26 PM.png

I entered your VIN and it comes up as... Not recognized as a VX:
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.47.23 PM.png

Last edited:
As the title says my 100 series is a VX. I have no idea exactly what that means but that’s what Toyota calls it.
View attachment 2430206

My only guess is that it has something to do with it being

In the Australian market towards the end of the "100 series" regime, the model series started with the "GX" base model, then moved up the line to "GXL", then "VX", then "Sahara". The "VX" came, went, and returned, a few times over the years as did the "GXV" designation which was replaced by "Sahara".

The "Sahara" (of which I have a June 2006 model) was top-of-the-line in Australia -- and still is in the "200 series" -- and was/is slightly up-market from the "VX" in fittings and finish for the Australian market. In a sudden fit of Nationalism, Toyota Australia also introduced the "Kakadu" just above the "GXL" and below "VX" for a few years. “Snowy” also made an earlier, temporary appearance.

In some other parts of the world -- Africa, UK, Europe, Russsia, GCC, maybe USA at the time -- the "VX" seems to have been top-of-line with exactly the same specifications as "Sahara" in Australia, just to keep us all confused! When I use my correct model designation, HDJ100R-GNAEZQ, or my full VIN, it comes up as "VX"!!! In the Model Designator, “E” always represents “VX” or top-of-the-line, not to be confused with the lesser, local Australian variant of VX, and “Q” always represents “Australia.

In Australia, AHC/TEMS only came in the "Sahara" versions from about August 2005 through to mid(?) 2007 when the "200 series" arrived. At that point onwards in this market, AHC and TEMS (which had become AVS) was and is only available in the Lexus LX570. AHC/TEMS had been available in Australia from about 1999 (?) in the Lexus LX470.

All ‘interesting’ but not very relevant to your vehicle! It just indicates that the Marketers always have their wicked way in any part of the world.

Some 'code-breaking' can be done using the attached “Global VIN Change” document, and noting that the first part of your VIN is JTEHT05 …. where the “5” indicates “VX grade”, then also using the full VIN on Partsouq would further suggests that your model is UZJ100L-GNAEKA (see following pic).

Then you can use the attached "Model Codes" and the attached "Model Line Up" to figure out what the Model Code is supposed to mean according to Toyota -- and where it is supposed to apply.

Partsouq Model Identification.JPG

“E” indicates top-of-the-line “VX grade”. Maybe the “A” signifies “USA” or "Americas" or maybe it is an even more general market descriptor? The above details also are corroborated by Amayama.

So there is considerable comfort that your vehicle was born as “VX” (or equivalent!!) with the specified “VX” features relevant in your market. However, as in the Australian example far above, it is also fair to say that the same external body descriptors may include different features in different markets and even at different times in the same market!

Some badge positions for the "VX" can be seen in the examples at this link -- https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/toyota/landcruiser/vx-badge/hdj100r-series/ -- sorry, cannot help with detailed measurements -- and while these are Australian HDJ100R versions, the badge locations were the same on UZJ100R versions and would have complied with global Toyota standards of the day.

It may be possible to use the attached drawing of the rear body to create a scale, then using the pictures from the carsales link as a guide, position the badge reasonably accurately.

Hope the vehicle renovation continues to go well!!

Attachments

• GLOBAL VIN CHANGE 100 SERIES.pdf
    202 KB · Views: 207
  • Landcruiser Model Code Aug 2004 onwards.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Landcruiser Model Line-up Aug 2004 onwards.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 167
  • Landcruiser Rear Body Dimensions.pdf
    518.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
In the Australian market towards the end of the "100 series" regime, the model series started with the "GX" base model, then moved up the line to "GXL", then "VX", then "Sahara". The "VX" came, went, and returned, a few times over the years as did the "GXV" designation which was replaced by "Sahara".

The "Sahara" (of which I have a June 2006 model) was top-of-the-line in Australia -- and still is in the "200 series" -- and was/is slightly up-market from the "VX" in fittings and finish for the Australian market. In a sudden fit of Nationalism, Toyota Australia also introduced the "Kakadu" just above the "GXL" and below "VX" for a few years. “Snowy” also made an earlier, temporary appearance.

In some other parts of the world -- Africa, UK, Europe, Russsia, GCC, maybe USA at the time -- the "VX" seems to have been top-of-line with exactly the same specifications as "Sahara" in Australia, just to keep us all confused! When I use my correct model designation, HDJ100R-GNAEZQ, or my full VIN, it comes up as "VX"!!! In the Model Designator, “E” always represents “VX” or top-of-the-line, not to be confused with the lesser, local Australian variant of VX, and “Q” always represents “Australia.

In Australia, AHC/TEMS only came in the "Sahara" versions from about August 2005 through to mid(?) 2007 when the "200 series" arrived. At that point onwards in this market, AHC and TEMS (which had become AVS) was and is only available in the Lexus LX570. AHC/TEMS had been available in Australia from about 1999 (?) in the Lexus LX470.

All ‘interesting’ but not very relevant to your vehicle! It just indicates that the Marketers always have their wicked way in any part of the world.

Some 'code-breaking' can be done using the attached “Global VIN Change” document, and noting that the first part of your VIN is JTEHT05 …. where the “5” indicates “VX grade”, then also using the full VIN on Partsouq would further suggests that your model is UZJ100L-GNAEKA (see following pic).

Then you can use the attached "Model Codes" and the attached "Model Line Up" to figure out what the Model Code is supposed to mean according to Toyota -- and where it is supposed to apply.

View attachment 2430545
“E” indicates top-of-the-line “VX grade”. Maybe the “A” signifies “USA” or "Americas" or maybe it is an even more general market descriptor? The above details also are corroborated by Amayama.

So there is considerable comfort that your vehicle was born as “VX” (or equivalent!!) with the specified “VX” features relevant in your market. However, as in the Australian example far above, it is also fair to say that the same external body descriptors may include different features in different markets and even at different times in the same market!

Some badge positions for the "VX" can be seen in the examples at this link -- https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/toyota/landcruiser/vx-badge/hdj100r-series/ -- sorry, cannot help with detailed measurements -- and while these are Australian HDJ100R versions, the badge locations were the same on UZJ100R versions and would have complied with global Toyota standards of the day.

It may be possible to use the attached drawing of the rear body to create a scale, then using the pictures from the carsales link as a guide, position the badge reasonably accurately.

Hope the vehicle renovation continues to go well!!

Brilliant, thank you! I love me some VIN decoding.

My only guess is that it has something to do with mine also being a no navigation model. Apparently very uncommon in ‘03+ US market models.

I found some random 2007 for sale and looked it up.... it also shows up at a "VX". This one HAS Navi.

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.50.58 PM.png

It looks pretty much like any other 2007 LC in the US, both inside and out.
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.55.48 PM.png

There goes that theory!

It does not help you but my not-to-be-relied-upon memory and the pics at the link in my previous post suggest that at least in the Australian market "VX" came without Sat/Nav (although after-market additions were/are popular) and without Climate Control aircon and without rear aircon. It had leather seats, sunroof, maybe cooler box between front seats, better alloy wheels and maybe 17inch wheels replaced 16inch wheels in later models. The 1HD-FTE turbodiesel was a popular option here but added somewhere around AUD8,000 to the buy price at the showroom. The difference (or possibly more) still holds in the Used Vehicle market and so high asking prices are seen -- AUD30,000 to AUD40, 000, even with 300,000 kilometres say 240,000 miles. (AUD = 0.72 USD at the moment but the exchange rate varies a lot).

FWIW, my vin begins with JTEHT05J. My LC is a 2001, no nav, no wood trim and the Toyota Owners site lists the grade as "standard".

Before I took out the carpets I noticed the dead pedal wasn’t as dead as one would hope. It was squirming around a bit, hanging on by a thread. If you didn’t already know, big people are really hard on interiors.
61A0AE56-C6DD-4635-80E3-E910470D487A.jpeg

I ended up finding a replacement on eBay here. Cheaper part cost than from McGeorge and less expensive shipping than partsouq. Also came from Dubai, only took 5 days to arrive.
3D6F2A3E-6290-4D57-992A-0BDD1CE39DD9.jpeg

And Robert’s your father’s brother.
472A73D3-A286-4A46-A775-3966361A5E2D.jpeg

Officially an unofficial VX.
3877D944-635F-4D70-A74A-478B63ADDC86.jpeg

If I’m feeling frisky tomorrow this will go in. I really hate working on anything remotely dash related.
8ADD2F77-9926-414E-A76B-8E1045B89A54.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the ignition cam rod as PM. I read too many stories of people getting stranded on the busted ignition thread to leave it to chance. This is one of those jobs that, at least for me, was a total chore the first time around but now that I’ve done it I could knock it out in a half hour. Glad I have that experience.
6EA136F4-2B62-4D8F-874D-A0111DE8DF2C.jpeg

Old one on the left (A) looked perfectly mint and the new one on the right (B) didn’t tighten up the feel of my ignition like I was hoping it would. Unfortunately I was running out of time or else I would have cleaned the grease off and gave them a proper comparison. At least I know it’s good now and I’ve got a spare in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom