2002 LX470 Black Onyx Build Thread (IG: @choyota) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the sliders that was fabbed up installed. It's child-approved!

IMG_7746.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

Inspired by a Facebook group member, I ripped off the carpet on the tailgate panel and re-applied with a cut-up $24 rug off Amazon. Used beige edge trim from Amazon as well. It isn't perfect, but it works. Took a few hours, mostly because the staple gun I have is pretty terrible. I probably wasted about 60 staples.

IMG_7741.jpg

IMG_8013.JPG

Always drive by the Nixon Library & Museum as it's close to my house. Finally decided to take a pic.

Probably the last pic with my Sony before front and rear bumpers are installed and I put the rest of the roofrack back on.

Quick question : what’s your ride height ,from the hub to the fender , in the front and back ?
Thank you in advance .

Hate the sticker under your driver's mirror, but those wheels look really, really good on the 100. Like a fancier Rock Warrior.

Really cool build, looks like you're getting super acquainted with it. You're one of only a few people I've seen have to swap the engine.

I'll second the hesitance about aftermarket CVs. I have tossed around the idea of keeping just a pile of them at the house to cheaply swap out [WHEN] they break on trails. But, I've had 2 non-OEM axles go bad with just a few K of road-only driving. Clicking within just a couple of months. I've snapped OEM CVs as well, but they're so much more robust and resilient.

Hate the sticker under your driver's mirror, but those wheels look really, really good on the 100. Like a fancier Rock Warrior.

Really cool build, looks like you're getting super acquainted with it. You're one of only a few people I've seen have to swap the engine.

I'll second the hesitance about aftermarket CVs. I have tossed around the idea of keeping just a pile of them at the house to cheaply swap out [WHEN] they break on trails. But, I've had 2 non-OEM axles go bad with just a few K of road-only driving. Clicking within just a couple of months. I've snapped OEM CVs as well, but they're so much more robust and resilient.

Yea, I had that sticker on my old Tacoma I sold, just kinda just carried over to the LX to make me feel "at home". LOL

I still have the OEM CVs in my garage, probably could get them rebuilt at some point, but so far so good with the NAPAs. I'm still praying they aren't problematic as this is my first FT-4WD vehicle. I just wanted to get fresh stuff all-around at somewhat reasonable costs for some peace of mind, but I'm certain I'll have to circle back to address some of these cheaper decisions I've made. I still have a 2G Tacoma I want to get going as well.

96206B5B-D412-436A-A2AF-C6D125BB3EAE.JPG

Yea, I had that sticker on my old Tacoma I sold, just kinda just carried over to the LX to make me feel "at home". LOL

I still have the OEM CVs in my garage, probably could get them rebuilt at some point, but so far so good with the NAPAs. I'm still praying they aren't problematic as this is my first FT-4WD vehicle. I just wanted to get fresh stuff all-around at somewhat reasonable costs for some peace of mind, but I'm certain I'll have to circle back to address some of these cheaper decisions I've made. I still have a 2G Tacoma I want to get going as well.

View attachment 3598731
Functionally speaking they'll be fine. Even a failed one will still turn your tires. If you're going to do much heavy trail riding, just be sure to bring a spare and the tools to replace. I learned this the hard way 😄

Functionally speaking they'll be fine. Even a failed one will still turn your tires. If you're going to do much heavy trail riding, just be sure to bring a spare and the tools to replace. I learned this the hard way 😄

Yep! I've been in prep mode! Gathering parts and trail spares, tools. I've taken it easy so far for now (I don't have spare tire just yet).

Still going....never ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom