My 05 LX470 build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven’t updated in a while. It’s still at the shop. Slow mechanic.

Whats done:
-new caliper in
-new heater ts
-new stabilizer bar & links, and a new welded anchor point for it (was contributing to the clunk sound)
-new CVs. Going to rebuild the old ones as a backup (was the main clunk culprit)
-greased the driveshaft zirks
-secured a rattling heat shield
-did NOT need a new bearing which is good news to me since the PO said it was done recently

Final step was adjusting the t bars that I felt were off. Upon further examination the drivers side anchor bar has failed at the built in bushing & the main t bar bolt was being held up by the frame. Yikes ! Ordered a new t bar anchor from cruiserteq. Will be here Tuesday. Should see this back on the road by end of week.

Also for you Tesla radio readers, I ordered a refurb px6 unit from Phoenix. Hoping this will solve my sound issue. The last hoop is that my rear sound speakers & sub are not active. Hoping the unit is just defective

Not too much to show picture wise so here’s the broken anchor and some sourdough I made.

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_4361.jpeg

Last edited:
Haven’t updated in a while. It’s still at the shop. Slow mechanic.

Whats done:
-new caliper in
-new heater ts
-new stabilizer bar & links, and a new welded anchor point for it (was contributing to the clunk sound)
-new CVs. Going to rebuild the old ones as a backup (was the main clunk culprit)
-greased the driveshaft zirks
-secured a rattling heat shield
-did NOT need a new bearing which is good news to me since the PO said it was done recently

Final step was adjusting the t bars that I felt were off. Upon further examination the drivers side anchor bar has failed at the built in bushing & the main t bar bolt was being held up by the frame. Yikes ! Ordered a new t bar anchor from cruiserteq. Will be here Tuesday. Should see this back on the road by end of week.

Also for you Tesla radio readers, I ordered a refurb px6 unit from Phoenix. Hoping this will solve my sound issue. The last hoop is that my rear sound speakers & sub are not active. Hoping the unit is just defective

Not too much to show picture wise so here’s the broken anchor and some sourdough I made.

View attachment 3596235

View attachment 3596236

View attachment 3596237
IMG_3474.jpeg

Not me, my Best Half.

Thanks for sharing the parts numbers!

Just wondering, are you keeping track of all your expenses?
I would like to know when you are going to hit $65k mark for TLC 200 and, later, 90k mark for LX 600 🤣🤞🤬
Lol not terrible yet.

Radio and roof rack have independent value. Two rough trips to the mechanic were a hit.

View attachment 3597829Thank you Amayama. OEM weather strips for all 4 doors. $267 shipped

67871-60080
67872-60080
67861-60101
67862-60101
I've got these in my PartSouq cart, PLEASE let me know if any sound levels change. Mine are flat as a pancake and despite all the sound proofing I've added I hear quite a bit of sound from around the window area.

I've got these in my PartSouq cart, PLEASE let me know if any sound levels change. Mine are flat as a pancake and despite all the sound proofing I've added I hear quite a bit of sound from around the window area.
As soon as my truck gets back from the mechanic I’ll put it in and hit the highway. Stay tuned

Update. Got the truck back. All in order now. Pricey, but done.

Android update. Got a used PX6 android unit. Voila ! My speakers and bass are all functional. Keep you all posted.

Next up on “how the PO screwed me” the AC lines are shot somewhere. First hot day since I got the truck. Zero cool air. Got a little pressure gauge recharge kit. Zero pressure. Gave it a little juice and it sprayed right out from somewhere underneath. If you’re reading this rich, screw you man

Next up on “how the PO screwed me” the AC lines are shot somewhere. First hot day since I got the truck. Zero cool air. Got a little pressure gauge recharge kit. Zero pressure. Gave it a little juice and it sprayed right out from somewhere underneath. If you’re reading this rich, screw you man
It does not help to use PO’s name in vein 🤣More, it is possible that it was operational at the time you’ve got the toy, and died on your watch. You voluntarily subscribed to the PITA (Pain in the…) of the ownership of the 20 years old road veteran.
There are 2 aluminum pipes that are going to the rear AC unit under the belly of the body on the starboard of your ship. They tend to rot in 2 places: right after the front wheel well (90° turn) and in the middle towards the rear wheel well. There are 2 sections of the each of the pipes (if I remember correctly - check parts diagram). Do not repeat my mistake - replace all of them. 2 ways to do it: OEM or custom, when you fabricate those pipes by yourself. I went OEM. Go under the toy, find all brackets and apply Buster several times while you waiting for the parts, unless you plan on replacing all of them. After you put new pipes, replace AC dryer, add leak dye, evacuate, wait overnight and, if vacuum holds, recharge it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom