1FZ-FE block/head sending units??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1995 80 series

I am stuck trying to figure out what all the sensors are on the block and head. I have a guy rebuilding the engine for me and I want to replace all the sensors but I have no idea what they are or what they are called. Any help for this noob would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20190202_140457557.jpg

IMG_20190202_140501025.jpg

IMG_20190202_140511050_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190202_140515181.jpg

That was one heck of an introduction....

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2:

The factory service manual contains many answers, you obviously don’t have one. :deadhorse:

I have ans FSM for the 96 but I don't know what to search for. And yes I have looked. So, yeah, I wanted to ask those smarter than me.

Temperature senders and knock sensors on that side.

Oil pressure sensors on the other side.

You need to look these up on a toyToy parts site (McGeorge or partsouq) and check the cost of these items, then let us know if your going to just get new ones.

I hate my phone......

thank you BILT4ME. Ouch those knock sensor are pricey ($150 ea). I got another one as the ECT relay ($6). But I am still wondering about 3 more. One looks completely gone the other for a vacuum line maybe? And the third, no idea.

That was one heck of an introduction....

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2:

The factory service manual contains many answers, you obviously don’t have one. :deadhorse:

Temperature senders and knock sensors on that side.

Oil pressure sensors on the other side.

You need to look these up on a toyToy parts site (McGeorge or partsouq) and check the cost of these items, then let us know if your going to just get new ones.

You were right. I needed a little more patience with the FSM. The ones I am looking for are ECT sender Gauge, ECT Cut Switch, ECT Sensor and TVV what ever that is.

As for an introduction. I bought a 95 80 series and I was told the engine had been rebuilt. He lied. It overheated and now I am having the engine rebuilt. It has factory front and rear lockers that is why I want to keep it. But those aren't working either. Appears they are not getting an electric signal. But I am rebuilding the actuators regardless. I'll deal with the electrical once it is up and running again. 2 1/2 lift. 33" tires.

I think that is it.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the machine!

I'm about to tackle my HG and this is the first that I've come across any mention of replacing these. Seems like it would be a good idea to at least replace the intake sided ones. Or do most owners reuse their old ones if no codes are being thrown?

Thanks!

I'm about to tackle my HG and this is the first that I've come across any mention of replacing these. Seems like it would be a good idea to at least replace the intake sided ones. Or do most owners reuse their old ones if no codes are being thrown?

Thanks!

They are difficult to get to. I don't want to have to replace them a few months down the road. I haven't found a place that sells them. I will check with the dealer on Monday.

They are not difficult to get to, why change something that’s not broke? Waste of money
They are difficult to get to. I don't want to have to replace them a few months down the road. I haven't found a place that sells them. I will check with the dealer on Monday.

Now I have to figure out why when it is in park and high range, it still rolls... Wondering if the CDL would do that.

Now I have to figure out why when it is in park and high range, it still rolls... Wondering if the CDL would do that.

Do you here a clicking sound when it does that? Perhaps your parking pawl is not holding.

That is something broken in the drive train, often a stripped drive flange.

That is something broken in the drive train, often a stripped drive flange.

Good call/suggestion, that would definitely let it roll in high range (no CDL locked).

If the temp gauges were working when you pulled it out then leave them. I would replace the TVV (thermal vacuum valve) and all the vaccuum lines under the intake. I would also replace the VSVs under the intake because they are not easy to get to later. Every thing else is easy to get to in the vehicle.

If the temp gauges were working when you pulled it out then leave them. I would replace the TVV (thermal vacuum valve) and all the vaccuum lines under the intake. I would also replace the VSVs under the intake because they are not easy to get to later. Every thing else is easy to get to in the vehicle.
I got it with the engine apart. Missing all of those sensors. Ive been searching since yesterday but no luck. By any chance you know these part numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom