Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to getting this installed very soon.

3FF2F457-F641-4C15-9A7A-C24288B47C19.jpeg

I made it back from South America and got around to picking up the truck. The Kaymar bumper turned out great! The fit and finish are excellent. I know it’s not the great bumper for wheeling, but I live in Florida and this truck will not be wheeled much at all.

I also took a few hours this afternoon to begin my de-woodgraining project. I bought as many new parts from @beno as possible and then found bits and pieces from parts cars.

I’m still debating whether some of my used trims pieces are going to make the cut. That’s why I have not yet finished the project. I have one more piece coming this week and I should be at a point where I am comfortable finishing that aspect of the project.

We are still moving forward with gathering odds and ends for the diesel conversion. I have all the major components but we are still sourcing some small stuff. I really don’t want the truck down for a considerable amount of time if possible. The wait is really tough though. I want to order some sliders but the stock exhaust has cats and the diesel exhaust will just be straight pipe. I don’t really want to buy sliders made for a stock cat equipped truck knowing I won’t need that feature in the coming months.

Is that Brent's truck?

His is white and has a old-style Kaymar as well.

I had high expectations and this bumper blew them away. Rob is a BIG fan as well.

I forgot to ask. Do you really leave 600 bucks worth of OEM fuel cans in the rack?

:rimshot:

That bumper looks great! I like the OEM fuel cans too. Have you started the intercooler install yet? I'm hoping to order one in March.

Love the build, really nice. I'm in North GA but I am in Thomasville/Tallahassee several times a year because I have family there. Next time I head down I might have to drive the LC and give you a ring. I'd love to see this rig. I've got the old Kaymar on mine and it's a beast, but I like it.

That bumper looks great! I like the OEM fuel cans too. Have you started the intercooler install yet? I'm hoping to order one in March.
Not yet. We are still ordering some odds and ends and trying to create a gap in the shop schedule. Rob needs several weeks to be able to tackle the job. I’m just sitting by waiting patiently. I think things will start moving fairly quickly in May/June.

Love the build, really nice. I'm in North GA but I am in Thomasville/Tallahassee several times a year because I have family there. Next time I head down I might have to drive the LC and give you a ring. I'd love to see this rig. I've got the old Kaymar on mine and it's a beast, but I like it.
Absolutely!

I forgot to ask. Do you really leave 600 bucks worth of OEM fuel cans in the rack?

:rimshot:
So....probably not! I am not entirely sure why I bought these cans in the first place. I usually run Scepter cans but did not have any extras when I picked up the truck. After living in Tallahassee for 15 years, I am confident there is nobody around that has a clue about these cans.

So....probably not! I am not entirely sure why I bought these cans in the first place. I usually run Scepter cans but did not have any extras when I picked up the truck. After living in Tallahassee for 15 years, I am confident there is nobody around that has a clue about these cans.

Same for me. My cans were a total impulse buy. But I think they're cool and I can always tell which ones are for diesel.

Took some time and finished up the woodgrain trim replacement. I have now replaced all woodgrain trim pieces with the exception of the center console. I have a nice replacement console but I’m going to wait until I do the Scheel-Mann seat install and carpet cleaning.

This was a great opportunity to thoroughly clean the air ducts and other items behind the dash.

The panel over the instrument cluster is much cleaner now. There was a thin line of dust that was present just on the inside of the trim. Much, much better now.

The dash removal and reinstall is not bad at all. There are a couple of screws for the lower dash and then everything just pops out. Putting it back together is even easier.

And here is the final product.

Not sure how I haven't seen this thread before. Awesome build! Can't wait to see it all come together but at the same time not wanting the build to end :) Great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom