Builds 1996 HZJ75 Land Cruiser Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bet Will payed more then that for it. I didn’t bid because I figured the reserve would have been higher.
High bidder stole it !!!
Resent LJs have gone for that money 🤷‍♂️
On Bring a Trailer.

Last edited:
Agreed...I wish I would have paid attention today. Great price!

As an owner of another diesel pickup (not NEARLY as nice as yours), I really had no idea of the market value. Guess a lot of people are holding their purses a bit more tightly these days...

Well, it was a fun project.

Congrats to Mr. Osama. He flew into town this morning and is driving the truck back home to Chicago! He is a true Toyota enthusiast.

DE100-BA1-A069-497-A-897-F-50329967029-F.jpg

It was hard to see the truck go, but the correct decision for myself and my family.

I am going to take a little break from the Toyota scene for a while. But I really appreciate all of the great people I have met through the Land Cruiser community.

Thanks for following along. Adios!

As an owner of another diesel pickup (not NEARLY as nice as yours), I really had no idea of the market value. Guess a lot of people are holding their purses a bit more tightly these days...

Probably listed 6 months or even a year too late. Prices have been dropping and on Bring a Trailer a lot or ending in reserve not met.

Probably listed 6 months or even a year too late. Prices have been dropping and on Bring a Trailer a lot or ending in reserve not met.
318-EDDBE-6708-4-FAE-B817-C92-F79-B69019.jpg

Sometimes twice the miles per gallon is their gasser colleagues.

Add a turbo and they sound amazing and sometimes even go faster.

Best part: not a carburetor or spark plug in sight.

Sometimes twice the miles per gallon is their gasser colleagues.

Add a turbo and they sound amazing and sometimes even go faster.

Best part: not a carburetor or spark plug in sight.
Just got the diesel swapped lx450 (1hd-fte, gturbo red wheel, +70% injectors, PDI FMIC, h152 5-speed, 37s) back to ATX. Drove it in from MD.

Big fun for 1500 miles. Want to pass someone? Just squeeze the throttle a bit.

558 ft-lbs @ 3000 rpm on tap puts a grin on my face every time.

Taking it to OKC this weekend. Denver for Christmas.

Only gets 16mpg doing 80-85mph though.

Since this is the 70-series forum, I’m putting the same combo (but 35s) in a 75.

1670909531129.jpeg
9E30ACC7-2197-43B9-98B2-425749244B4F.jpeg
D1140756-8B86-4EC7-BC1C-445148E62F5B.jpeg

1670909121049.png

Just got the diesel swapped lx450 (1hd-fte, gturbo red wheel, +70% injectors, PDI FMIC, h152 5-speed, 37s) back to ATX. Drove it in from MD.

Since this is the 70-series forum, I’m putting the same combo (but 35s) in a 75.
Are you also going to convert the 75 to an automatic?

Well, it was a fun project.

Congrats to Mr. Osama. He flew into town this morning and is driving the truck back home to Chicago! He is a true Toyota enthusiast.

DE100-BA1-A069-497-A-897-F-50329967029-F.jpg

It was hard to see the truck go, but the correct decision for myself and my family.

I am going to take a little break from the Toyota scene for a while. But I really appreciate all of the great people I have met through the Land Cruiser community.

Thanks for following along. Adios!
Question Will. I have a chance to buy almost the identical truck that was being sold in California a year later from the same gentleman. What did you think you're overall deal Before you did all the work. Would you buy another vehicle from Qatar

Really enjoyed watching you build Will
It a great thread!! Thanks for sharing.
I hope some time in the future you get another Cruiser.
Cheers 🍺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom