1978 FJ40 2F Holley Sniper EFI 2300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone point me in the right direction of installing one of the HOlley SNiper EFI 2300 kits to the original 2F engines?
I'm sure others have gone taken this route as well, so maybe just forwarding me to their past posts will help as well!

I also bought the adapter kit DOWNEY was selling as well.

Thank you in advance!

I think there's a lot more but those have a lot of information

I think there's a lot more but those have a lot of information
Thank you Sir. I appreciate all the help you've provided!

Step by step at this bookmark

So curious, since you started with stock, what all did you have to do in addition to the sniper install? New distributor? Replace soft fuel lines? Just wondering what else is actually needed to be successful?

So curious, since you started with stock, what all did you have to do in addition to the sniper install? New distributor? Replace soft fuel lines? Just wondering what else is actually needed to be successful?
You’ll need a fuel system that’s capable of handling the 60psi, an adaptor to mate the Sniper to your intake, depending on your 40, throttle linkage to cable adaptor and to follow the wiring directions exactly. Once my fuel system was squared away and the Sniper was mounted to the intake with a Redline adaptor it was pretty easy. @thecrazygreek is working on a different sniper model than the 2300 that most of us have used.

You’ll need a fuel system that’s capable of handling the 60psi, an adaptor to mate the Sniper to your intake, depending on your 40, throttle linkage to cable adaptor and to follow the wiring directions exactly. Once my fuel system was squared away and the Sniper was mounted to the intake with a Redline adaptor it was pretty easy. @thecrazygreek is working on a different sniper model than the 2300 that most of us have used.
Cool ... so nothing on the distributor side? Am leaning toward the Mosley kit for all the adapters, fuel pump, etc., but was worried about other changes needed. Thanks

Cool ... so nothing on the distributor side? Am leaning toward the Mosley kit for all the adapters, fuel pump, etc., but was worried about other changes needed. Thanks
Don’t need to do any distributor changes if you aren’t going to have the Holley control timing. Make sure your rig is running well(timing, valve adjustment, clean grounds and wiring) before you install so you can properly troubleshoot any issues that come up. You can probably piece it together for less than a Mosley kit but it’d nice to buy from Cam for tech support if needed. What year is your 40?

Don’t need to do any distributor changes if you aren’t going to have the Holley control timing. Make sure your rig is running well(timing, valve adjustment, clean grounds and wiring) before you install so you can properly troubleshoot any issues that come up. You can probably piece it together for less than a Mosley kit but it’d nice to buy from Cam for tech support if needed. What year is your 40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom