1968 fj40 resto (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Friends Im back!!
have a question on the front brake tree way block
if the metal line get stuck on his way out after get unscrewed, how do i take off with no damage on the treats??

front brake 1.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

It’s a double flare, usually the line is soft enough you can pull it out if the fitting spread it. As old and brittle as that is, all bets are off. Have you tried rotating it with the threads to screw it out?
Hi Tuker, yes it is all scwed out, but I think the line is stuck ( open end) cause a overtight!

He means rotating the line itself, as if it were threaded? This works for me…occasionally.

When it doesn’t, I go to the shelf and pull out a good one. :grinpimp:
IMG_0985.jpeg

I always enjoy a challenge. First with the nut thread all the way in would sand line with fine emery cloth. After unscrewing nut out wire brush the threads. After getting it as clean as possible with the fitting threaded a coupe threads in wrap the line right at the fitting with electrical tape. Put a visegrip on the tape. Now while hold the visegrip to keep the line from turning unthread the fitting. This would act as a puller. If the line is rust to the fitting at the flare it may tear. Something to cut rust and heat to the fitting may help. If the line ends up tearing would use Mark's plan B and grab one off of out of my junk pile.

It's usually the 9mm fitting that has spread from being over tightened. Once you're past the threads, just grab it with some pliers or vice grips and pop it out (it's probably junk anyway). It might bugger a couple threads in the three-way, but usually not an issue.

I always enjoy a challenge. First with the nut thread all the way in would sand line with fine emery cloth. After unscrewing nut out wire brush the threads. After getting it as clean as possible with the fitting threaded a coupe threads in wrap the line right at the fitting with electrical tape. Put a visegrip on the tape. Now while hold the visegrip to keep the line from turning unthread the fitting. This would act as a puller. If the line is rust to the fitting at the flare it may tear. Something to cut rust and heat to the fitting may help. If the line ends up tearing would use Mark's plan B and grab one off of out of my junk pile.
Good idea thanks !! I will try to do that!!

It's usually the 9mm fitting that has spread from being over tightened. Once you're past the threads, just grab it with some pliers or vice grips and pop it out (it's probably junk anyway). It might bugger a couple threads in the three-way, but usually not an issue.

^^^^^^This^^^^^ I've run across the same thing with 10mm fittings. The bottom of the fitting has spread out from tightening.

step two, than I call Mark , for a new one!!:bounce:

step two, than I call Mark , for a new one!!:bounce:
I've been able to clean the threads up with a blind hole tap. Haven't had to replace any of them yet. The 9mm fittings are hard to find though.

I try to do the pull out and it was hard, so I went on option 5
use the drill and dremel, hole time to time until the wall get thin , I dremel a noch all de way in bouth sides and jus bend and pull it out!!
sounds easy but I was left with burrs on my fingers, and all my clothes with burrs too.
tand I sand blast it ansd garlvanece the piece

05fd1c13-25f1-4712-9cfb-55d013237f3a.jpg

23927660-8d17-4c0a-90e6-a9f973725ac1.jpg

31474247-a0fa-4d1b-b3ea-5c4824ea10ca.jpg

d52b0a81-dd22-44dd-9994-4d682a4ea9a7.jpg

0855c296-6bbf-4aeb-a5df-3302fe5855d1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom