1965 FJ45 LWB Saving a Survivor (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might be right on that BJ and not FJ as I stated. I’m traveling and can’t get to my pictures to confirm. Pretty sure those are the right hinges. Later style are still available from many venders and have 3 knuckles.

Last edited:
Those are the correct hinges for your truck. Lots of early parts were still used in later Cruisers.
Think they came off the line white???

Looks like there might be some red under the white, but could also be red primer.
Yup I am going to see what’s under there but they will he painted to match for sure.

So, I took the truck around the block today with my son. And backed into its spot for the next few weeks as I do a big time baseline. Basically take it down to block and make sure everything is right and ready to drive...

I wanted to remove the alternator and get Mosley motors to go through it. It was jumping all over the place for voltage and looked like it’s never been off. I looked at it and thought two bolts I’ll be done in 2 minutes... the bottom bolt was seized as it’s never been off from what I can tell. Here is where I’ve suffered defeat for the first time on this truck... I go to shake the alternator to free it from bracket and boom.... a wing snaps off. So, looks like it will be getting a little alternator upgrade via @FJ60Cam

96273207-24DD-4939-990D-22A1054C6F35.jpeg

B5FC2A02-549D-4923-A4A4-5D6EB9693931.jpeg

E8A33EF1-2C86-424C-8DD4-02C7FF104CC2.jpeg

54D47D28-187F-4E8F-B4C2-9D7E17E890B6.jpeg

Maybe you could find another front housing and have it rebuilt. I’m sure there are plenty of nonfunctioning units hiding under benches.

Need a little help. These were posted on my want add and I honestly am not sure if these are period correct defrost vents I need or not. If anybody have some insight please let me know!

parts.jpg

Those are not correct, the 65 window frame with the fresh air vent have unique vents that go through the cowl into the windshield. These are what you need..
877E875F-90B7-41D0-867B-5AC482CC9AF6.png

So looking at the color chart on cool cruisers would this truck be carnival red or solar red? I can't seen to find a paint code on it.

color chart.JPG

Not wrong.... but the inside is brush stroke free.

FEDDBD70-72A4-4D75-83D4-372F8471C086.jpeg

I thought you knew the person that painted it

That interior has been painted too. Just match the paint. It’s highly doubtful the person was laying down paint codes from 65

I am. I can see the paint run on the hump now I'm looking at it on a computer!

First batch of goodies have landed. City Racer box full of goodies, SOR Mirror, Rem Flex gasket set, fresh new none rusted bolts from overland metric, fresh battery cables from @Forerunner

Still have several orders in route. Let the fun begin.

EF9BC473-D16C-41AE-B3D3-3F8FDD783194.jpeg

When you get a chance to secure a couple of HHH 30mm locks you do it... also a cool TEQ weight !

AABDE070-0AE7-44B6-8B92-701BB6F74EE5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom