0 to 60 times. How slow/fast is your 80? w/ videos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turbophils 96 lx450 3.55 gears 305/75r16 tires arb front bumper slee rear bumper winch and rock sliders and the 6bt with a343f using a car performance app ran a 11.5 sec 0-60

When my truck is behaving, I can pull about 9 seconds 0-60. But that is in 30 deg F weather using an SC with a 2.8" pulley and meth.

But right now I'm still dealing with hesitation across the 2k-3k band during acceleration. I believe it's because I need to clean my throttle body....

This makes me want to mod my 1HD-T a bit! Does your customer have a build thread or any more info on that setup? I'd love to learn more about what he's done.
105 ... so an 80 underneath, with 5 studs and the fat sisters body on the chassis ;)

Sea level, 4.2 1HDFTE 5 speed auto in D with gturbo, 26 psi boost, safari intercooler, DTE tune device, custom 3" exhaust, auto valve body upgrade, custom torque converter, 34" tyres and 4.88 gears. The higher stall torque convertor get the jump on into max torque and boost from standing start.

I get 6.8 sec 0-60mph.

Was a vehicle we built for a customer including the conversion and auto etc.

Customer has been reporting 10.8 lt per 100km economy [around 36 mpg I think]

Well I wanted to bump this thread to see if we can get it some attention especially with future turbo kits coming up.

I ran my 95 today and my scan guage says 10.8 seconds. Im gonna do more tests and build a better exhaust before I take a video. Im hitting 10-11lbs of boost at 5280 elevation.

Truck specs

325000 miles
37 bias ply Iroks
Stock gears
Home built turbo setup with gt3582
Crappy stock exhaust thats smashed.
Wrx 440 injectors
Camry maf
Stock tuning

Took these for my own comparison, but after the swap put on YouTube for the hell of it. Adding here because why not.

10/93 1fzfe 280k miles, 315s, stock gears, part timed t-case. Engine light on for o2 sensor.
Drawers with recovery gear and necessary tools. Armored up minus the rear when video was taken. Speedo is calibrated.

250ish elevation, mid 70s ambient

Looks like about 12sec to 60

———————————————————-
Same conditions, including fuel level and ambient temp. 5.3 swap basically stock. 4l60 with corvette servo and some tuning.

Took these for my own comparison, but after the swap put on YouTube for the hell of it. Adding here because why not.

10/93 1fzfe 280k miles, 315s, stock gears, part timed t-case. Engine light on for o2 sensor.
Drawers with recovery gear and necessary tools. Armored up minus the rear when video was taken. Speedo is calibrated.

250ish elevation, mid 70s ambient

Looks like about 12sec to 60

———————————————————-
Same conditions, including fuel level and ambient temp. 5.3 swap basically stock. 4l60 with corvette servo and some tuning.

Must be racing those to the gas station. Can the needle go any lower?

i did one pass, 17.5 using one of the free apps that do zero to 60. 33s and all else stock. glad to see its in the ball park of normal.

8sec.

97 auto 1fzfe fzj80.

33 tires, 2“ lift, 12000 winch, drawers, 2nd batt, spare tire, camping gear, etc..

8psi boost with borg warner sx300.

IMG_20200210_194840_329.jpg

This is earth-shattering so hold on to your asses

I let off the brake at 7 seconds, 60 mph at 25 seconds.... thats 18 seconds 0-60... Thats blistering. Oh an I am at 7500' above sea level.

Update:
2014 0-60: ~18 seconds
  • Stock 1FZ-FE
  • 150,000k mi (although I think this was much more since I found out the ODO was from a Camry)
  • Stock 4.10 gears
  • 33" AT's (BFG KO's)
  • 5,600 Lbs
  • Not sure what timing was set at
  • No Catalytic Converters
  • 7,500' above sea level
    • Assuming 3% power loss per 1,000' ASL (23% loss from 212 bhp) then the engine would have been making ~164 BHP (58.7 bhp/ton)

2021 0-60: 14.28 seconds GPS tracked (3.72 seconds faster than 2014!)
  • Rebuilt 1FZ-FE, bored out to +.020' which equates to ~4.7L displacement
  • 60,000mi on the rebuilt engine
  • 4.88 gears
  • 35" MT's (Toyo Open Country MT's)
  • 6,750 Lbs at time of test
  • 8° Advanced
  • 6-year-old Catalytic Converters
  • 4,900' above sea level
    • Assuming 3% power loss per 1,000 ASL and factoring in power increase based on hp/L figure of stock output (15% loss from a theoretical 220 bhp) the engine is making ~187 BHP (55.5 bhp/ton)
It's safe to say the old snail is running the best it ever has since I got her! Honestly, I'm more than happy with the power it's got up here at altitude.
IMG_6147.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice update. I’m glad to see an update on the old thread. I still haven’t gone after the turbo on my 80 bit I did pull the supercharger off. It is really pretty peppy with just 4.88 gears. It just rolled over 300,000 so I should do a 0-60 in it

Mine still takes several minutes to go from 0 to 60. :) Of course this is an exaggeration but it can feel like minutes when you are trying to merge into heavy, high-speed freeeway traffic.

13.9 I think was the best we got when we shot this. I also realized later, that I misspoke on the transmission type. Live and learn. Hope you enjoy...

I took the opportunity to take some footage of two land cruisers equipped with the GEN 2 1FZ-FE's, the first one is my own daily driver, and the second one is my friend's daily driver.

Cant get enough 1FZ.

-----------------------------------------

0-60 MPH tested with a draggy device:

Land Cruiser #1:
8.2 seconds

Land Cruiser #2: 9.35 seconds

-----------------------------------------

Start up, engine view, standstill rev, and a quick acceleration test to give you a feel of what these are like.

Don't typically romp on the old girl but did a run on the way home from work today. Mostly curious because I want to do before and after when I get a new exhaust on it. I believe my cats are clogged, and my exhaust has some less then ideal dents in a few spots. So I will update when that happens.

But for today
8,000ft
69 degree air temp
Very slight uphill - slight brake boost
Supercharged with 3.0 pulley - snorkel, no intercooler. Coolant temp was 186, IAT was 96
4.88s and 37s - went off speedo on this run, should be within 1 mph of being accurate
Front bumper with winch, swing out with spare + bike rack, slee sliders, and sleeping platform with all recovery/camping gear in the back (Really need to weight this thing)

I counted around 12-13 seconds.

Photo of how she sits from last night.

IMG_6354.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom