Thanks to Pinhead for his Aisin Rebuild Videos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks,

I wanted to send thanks to Pinhead for posting his Youtube video series on rebuilding the Aisin Carbs. I watched all seven and it gave me the confidence to order a rebuild kit and give it a try. I did the tear-down Sunday night, soaked everything and put it all back together last night. Carb is installed and the old 'Cruiser is running the best it ever has. There is a noticable increase in power. The operation was an overwhelming success!

I was experiencing an off idle stumble. The truck ran fine with the choke pulled just a hair. I tried all the tricks (oil down the accelerator pump shaft to swell the leather seal, check for vacuum leaks, remove fuel screw and spray carb cleaner, etc) and nothing seemed to help. What I found through the rebuild process is that: 1. The slow jets were backwards for the primary and secondary circuits. 2. The slow jet in the secondary side was clogged. 3. The main jet on the primary was a tad undersized for my application. 4. The accelerator pump was not sealing as well as it could.

If anyone has ever hesitated to dive into one of these carbs to clean/rebuild one, don't! Pinhead nailed it with his video series. It makes this job sooooo much easier. Thanks again, Pinhead!

Dave

Thanks. I had no idea that there would be so much interest in the topic. It just shows that I can yap, chew gum and turn wrenches at the same time.

You should at least name one of your children after him....

Pin_Head said:
Thanks. I had no idea that there would be so much interest in the topic. It just shows that I can yap, chew gum and turn wrenches at the same time.

That's called "multi-tasking" in today's parlance and is a valuable skill. You should add this to your CV.

I have to add my appreciation here. I just re-built my carb with the videos playing along as I did it. It was so so so helpful!

Now my 2f just purrs like a kitten.

That's called "multi-tasking" in today's parlance and is a valuable skill. You should add this to your CV.

:lol: as if Pin_Head's CV needs any adding to

Actually, I did list it on my CV under "community service" and "contributions to diversity". I don't think anyone noticed.

Invaluable help in the rebuild of the 75 carb I have. I watched this so many times, I dreamed about it. Never thought I could do this alone, but with this help it was easy!

what Kurt sells

I thought they were great video's as well. Thanks Pin_Head. They defiantly have given me the courage to rebuild my own carb. Right after I make sure I don't have anymore vacuum leaks.

x1000. Pinhead, your videos were a great and helped me get my 40 back on the road! Thanks!

Agree what pin_head did was really cool and a great resource

maybe a video about setting points and another about timing... yes there are variations of each... but... the process is somewhatb the same and what to look out for... i read thru threads and see ingition issues and wonder if there is more problems with the setting than anything else...

just an idea... maybe a thread about video needs list... a "how to" request list?

Seriously great resource. Thought I'd check them out and ended up watching them all in one sitting! Thanks very much. :beer:

Amen! My son and I are in the middle of a rebuild and it has been an invaluable resource. Pinhead, during the process, we noticed there were two primary venturies instead of one primary and one secondary. Should we try and locate a Secondary? I wouldn't know where to look.

Amen! My son and I are in the middle of a rebuild and it has been an invaluable resource. Pinhead, during the process, we noticed there were two primary venturies instead of one primary and one secondary. Should we try and locate a Secondary? I wouldn't know where to look.
If you all keep shining me up, my head will get so big that I won't be Pin Head any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom