Steering Box year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How do you tell what year a 60 series steering box came from, thanks in advance for any help, cheers, Larry

The mounting holes are different....
I cant remember if the early years are spaced closer or further.. im sure someone with better knowledge will chime in.
I do know the mounting is different.

The mounting is slightly different between a 60 and 62. I think all the 60s are the same and all the 62s are the same. Dont quote me on that though.

Huh, good thing I never sent out the box I pulled off the early 80s 60 I parted out to get rebuilt and tapped. I could have sworn when I did my frame swap the difference was between the 60 and 62, oh well.

How do you tell what year a 60 series steering box came from, thanks in advance for any help, cheers, Larry

as stated, I thought that is it was the model year '85, along with the other changes. some have said the months have been off alittle, no direct info.
looking at the pics, the square bolt pattern is early and the parrallelagram is the later.
I'd show you in person if you stop by

Paul
DSCF0002.jpg
DSCF0001.jpg

the newer ones also came with a smaller ujoint (as per pauls pics)which is great on the vortec and 350 swaps!

as stated, I thought that is it was the model year '85, along with the other changes. some have said the months have been off alittle, no direct info.
looking at the pics, the square bolt pattern is early and the parrallelagram is the later.
I'd show you in person if you stop by

Paul
View attachment 558845View attachment 558846

Thanks for posting these. As it turns out, I think I have one of each bolt pattern between my 40 and 55! But of course. I thought I was all prepared with a spare to send of to be rebuilt. Turns out I am only prepared for the one that is not leaking - Ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom