Washer jets/steering box (help needed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone

I have a 1989 Toyota Landcruiser HJ61 12ht sitting at 410000 km

I still have a whole lot to learn and a lot of work to do, but here is an introduction to the work thats been done so far for those interested:

The cruiser has
fully reconditioned gearbox
new exedy heavy duty clutch
reconditioned clutch booster
new master cylinder
New Terrain Tamer e-locker with diff overhaul
C/W and Pinion kit
new swivel hub kit
new axle bushes
new wheels bearings
new front brake rotors and calipers
new rear brake drums
new tough dog suspension @ 370.000 km
new tailgate lift struts
new alternator

Now, a few issues that I'm aware of and need to work on so would love some advice on:

There is no water coming out of my window washer jets. I have checked the hoses and the reservoir itself - nothing is blocked. The pump makes its normal noise as if it's trying to push water out, but it doesn't seem to be working at all. Any idea how I could fix the problem or if I am going to need to find a new pump altogether?
Does anyone know how to remove the pump from the reservoir?

steering box needs attention: There is a bit of play in the steering.
Couldnt seem to find anything - Is there a video anywhere on how to tighten? the steering box? Is this something I could do myself or would it be best to get it done by an experienced mechanic?

Thanks for reading/any advice!

0F166D07-2B34-4A89-8A1F-14D3E3996484.jpeg

search for "how to adjust steering gear box" in this forum and there should be plenty of threads to read about the adjusting screw on top of the gear box that is secured by a locking nut. If there is still play available that may help you tighten up the looseness.

The amount of recommended play in the steering wheel is a lot. The FSM states what it should be. Something like 1-1/2” or around there.
Even when set to spec, the steering wheel has a fair amount of slop in it.

Try inserting a sewing needle in the washer jet to clear it - if it’s clogged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom