What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a Holley sniper master thread? Search bar shows entirely to much sniper
Info to decipher.

I’ve installed one on a 350 Chevy, just mostly looking for which unit to use on the 1-2f

@clrussell that’s not a bad idea to have a sniper area. @thecrazygreek has a nicely detailed series of posts as do a few others …..on you tube, check out project wrong way and lone wolf works. They are equally informative and entertaining

I bought my sniper last spring with in tank fuel pump and will be starting that install in a few weeks….Holley Sniper 2300

Last edited:
Is there a Holley sniper master thread? Search bar shows entirely to much sniper
Info to decipher.

I’ve installed one on a 350 Chevy, just mostly looking for which unit to use on the 1-2f
I think the 2GC is a more direct bolt on than the standard 2 barrel sniper 2300 from what I’ve read lately? May not have fueling quite so rich for these tractors. I’m running the 2300 on my F engine and pretty happy with it. But for starting fresh, definitely worth reading up on the 2GC; it is offered in large and small bore.

Started it up and drove around the circle. It has been a month since I started it and no issues. I love this thing!!!

IMG_2063.jpeg

I made a Fuel Cut Off Switch Lock that works great. It prevents the switch from being deployed. “Popping the clutch” to start the engine will not work.

I also installed a camera in the back of the 40 facing frontward. It’s visible to anyone that peeps inside the cabin. Smile. You’re on candid camera.!

These theft deterrent devices will give me a little peace of mind when I take the 40 out to dine or to do a little shopping.

Last edited:
I think the 2GC is a more direct bolt on than the standard 2 barrel sniper 2300 from what I’ve read lately? May not have fueling quite so rich for these tractors. I’m running the 2300 on my F engine and pretty happy with it. But for starting fresh, definitely worth reading up on the 2GC; it is offered in large and small bore.

I had read a little on the 2GC. I think that’s what I want. Just want to make sure before I drop $2k

Got the 5.3 and transmission / transfer case back together finally. Unfortunately I put it together behind the frame with the lift facing the wrong way ….
IMG_4628.jpeg

Oh wait. Never mind. Fixed it.
IMG_4629.jpeg

Had to remove the rear crossmember. I knew it was going to come out I was just hoping it would clear. Not so much.
IMG_4638.jpeg

IMG_4639.jpeg

Was fun to see it all in but pulled it back out after marking where all of the mounts will go.

I don’t know how you guys do all of this without the tub off. My hat’s off to you. Reddingcruiser your posts have been a huge help. Thanks. I’ll look up your shop next time I’m up there.

Got the 5.3 and transmission / transfer case back together finally. Unfortunately I put it together behind the frame with the lift facing the wrong way ….
View attachment 3584498

Oh wait. Never mind. Fixed it.
View attachment 3584500
Had to remove the rear crossmember. I knew it was going to come out I was just hoping it would clear. Not so much.
View attachment 3584502
View attachment 3584503
Was fun to see it all in but pulled it back out after marking where all of the mounts will go.

I don’t know how you guys do all of this without the tub off. My hat’s off to you. Reddingcruiser your posts have been a huge help. Thanks. I’ll look up your shop next time I’m up there.
Looking good sir.

More progress today. The list is getting shorter
- oil / filter change with 20-50 valvoline
- filled trans and transfer case
- tuned carb
- installed the last shock and rear shock hardware
- fixed the choke cable
- installed and checked all hose clamps in the cooling system.
- installed a throttle return spring
- confirmed the alternator is charging as it should
- gave it a super quick bath

3D6B29E4-EAB5-47AD-A823-DABDA73BBD79.jpeg

BA3E71FB-AC1F-4817-8089-07FB05A01CEE.jpeg

2E73CA88-F743-42CC-9301-68F306B8B218.jpeg

D49254E4-B081-4FF6-AEDA-55D44C108ED5.jpeg

3B2BB5D1-E910-465C-8925-709668D38113.jpeg

Lots of work on Zippy the 40 (Jessica's truck). Engine out for a new clutch, so add on new distributor, starter, alternator, reseal, valve guides. New parts from Valley Hybrids-- axle kit, double seal output bearing housing, new lines and all clutch parts. Steering complete and more lines from Cruiser Outfitters, new brakes and rotors. New power steering from City Racer.
More great stuff to come!
20240301_155151.jpg
20240223_144642.jpg
20240305_170254.jpg

Lots of work on Zippy the 40 (Jessica's truck). Engine out for a new clutch, so add on new distributor, starter, alternator, reseal, valve guides. New parts from Valley Hybrids-- axle kit, double seal output bearing housing, new lines and all clutch parts. Steering complete and more lines from Cruiser Outfitters, new brakes and rotors. New power steering from City Racer.
More great stuff to come!View attachment 3584691View attachment 3584694View attachment 3584695
After the 350 blows up will you go back to a 2F Pat?

Last edited:
After the 350 blows up will you go back to a 2F Pat?
Oh hell no! I love a 2f but it will be back to Mr T with a 1Fz-FE 5 speed!
Jessica loves that 350, but I know that 40 wants to go home to family!

The only reason I give the small block Chevy any credit is that it is a vintage engine now and I love vintage! Let's be real here, the small block Chevy defined and cornered the world market on mass produced, decent quality powerplants for decades! Superior quality? nope, Super VE? Nope, Superior anything over availability? Not really. Superior everyone useability? Yep! Like the old small block Ford, the inline 6 Ford, the old small block Mopar, they get it done, they are cheap, and they love you equal parts for how you love them. Toyota engines are designed for neglect, so for all lovers of the design they last for nearly forever.

I had read a little on the 2GC. I think that’s what I want. Just want to make sure before I drop $2k
I ran a 2gc on my 250 inline chevrolet. nothing but trouble for me. its sitting in a box.

5 internal fuel pressure regulators, 3 02 sensors 2 tps, sent back once and still never worked correctly.
I went back to my Rochester monojet and couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom